Getting warranty in Australia

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by HitokiriChibi, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tripleqmark

tripleqmark Pen Pal - Newbie

I didn't, mine is currently in Memphis, TN on its way to Sacramento, CA. Once there, one of the my dad's friends will bring it over when they come over to Aus.

2. gwint6

gwint6 Pen Pal - Newbie

Ah, that's awesome. At least you don't have to worry about it going missing in transit too much. I'm going to be on the edge of my seat till the end of october lol. But I saved about $650 AUD compared to buying a G1 model here so I guess I'll have to wait to eat my cake. :)

3. tripleqmark

I have to check first with my HP sales guy, though, cos I've decided to swap out the HDD for an SSD and see whether I can still get warranty for it.
    Yea, I saved probs around $750 for getting the Aus one and then upgrading it compared to buying it in the US.
    Only problem is that they don't take aussie credit cards... so annoying.

4. HitokiriChibi

HitokiriChibi Pen Pal - Newbie

Ah right. Since I couldn't use an Aussie credit card I sent a link of the configuration I wanted to my cousin in the US and she placed the order in for me with her card and then posted it to me after they delivered it to her. I think it only took them a week to build it too and I've had no problems with it so I count myself lucky =D

5. zan5hin

zan5hin Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey Gwint, when you order it, can you let us know how much it is costing you to get it shipped via priceUSA?

I have been considering getting one of these for ages.

6. gwint6

gwint6 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey Zan5hin, the cost breakdown was $60 for FedEx, $6.97 insurance and $53.09 for PriceUSA service fee (5% of total transaction). So about AUD $120.

7. jasrulz63

jasrulz63 Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been waiting over three months for my laptop that I ordered thru priceUSA to be returned from warranty because the part that needs to be replaced is in backorder :(

8. gwint6

gwint6 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey Jasrulz, did you return the laptop via PriceUSA? I rang HP yesterday and they said I can take it to a local service centre if something goes wrong during the warranty period.

Out of curiosity was it an i3/i5 model? How long did you have it before it broke? Serious problem?

9. tripleqmark

Update

You cannot purchase extended warranty in Australia for any HP product which has been purchased overseas. :(

I've spent some time talking with quite a few HP sales and tech people and the overall answer I have gotten is no. The first guy I talked to must of had it wrong. :(

You can purchase extended warranty, only for the region in which the product was purchased. So, in my case, I would have to send it back to the US to get it fixed... :(

Note (About HDD/SSD): If you swap your hard drive, which HP doesn't offer either, to another HDD or SSD, and you bought it in the region you will be using it most (can get HP to fix it), then you can get extended warranty. Just not for the 'new' HDD/SSD, it will cover everything else. Before you send it in for repair, you should swap the HDD/SSD for the original.

10. jasrulz63

jasrulz63 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi there,

Yeah it was returned through PriceUSA. They wouldn't let me take it to a service centre here as the CTO model of the tm2 is not supported at all in Australia as it isn't sold here. They will only provide warranty only for the specific models that are sold in Aus, so if you have a model that isn't sold here, even if the specs are exactly the same, they won't provide warranty on it. It's stated in their warranty terms. I like you rang before and was old what you were told, but after I got it and then needed warranty, they refused to let it get serviced here. I was told this by a few people on the phone as I tried several people.

Just something to keep in mind if your buying one that isn't sold in Australia. Those terms are stated in the conditions (which I only found when it was too late).

My screen was coming apart on the side, so the plastic was separating. I also had that wireless problem, when it disappears after it's put to sleep. I have the first revision of the laptop with the SU9600.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.