Getting drivers for a synaptics penabled device (Asus T300 Chi)

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by HJK, Nov 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

I have a T300 Chi and I’ve been able to write on it pretty well with my Dell Active Stylus (AAGN—silver barrel) until recently. Some time after the latest Windows 10 build was pushed out the pen stopped working. The screen shows a hover-dot when I hold it near the screen, but that’s all it does—I can’t write with it or use it as a mouse or anything. When I look at the drivers, I don’t see any pen drivers installed at all.

I’m wondering if anyone can tell me what I might be able to do to try getting some drivers installed that might fix the problem. I can’t seem to find any on Asus’ website. Should I just re-install the entire SOC? Could I try Win-Tab drivers, and if so how do I get those?

I’m posting here, not over on the T300 Chi thread, because the T300 Chi thread is pretty much dead so I doubt this question will be noticed over there. Also, I’m guessing that other users who have devices that use Synaptics technology (Dell Venue Pro; some HP devices; etc.) might be able to speak to this.

Thanks in advance!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.