Genius? Or Retarded?

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by Shogmaster, Oct 29, 2017.

?

Act of pure genius or gone full retarded?

1. You are a rare genius

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. You are a damn idiot

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That's completely fair. I probably wouldn't either. My rule of thumb is to restrict my DIY impulses to the "stuff I can afford to lose" cheap parts eBay world.

2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I can think of one benefit to the upside thing you tried.....it would work better at an angle......but one issue I constantly have when using my tablets at my local coffee shops, Barnes & Nobles Cafe, & Starbucks.......is the placement of overhead lighting. The placement and power of most overhead lighting/lamps is typically poorly suited for tablet use since it can really overpower the brightness of your screen and create an annoying screen glare. At my Barnes and Nobles cafe....of the 30 seats.....I can only really tolerate 10 specific seats just because of their location in regards to the overhead lights.

If you could rig your upside down HP to have the keyboard reclined more towards you.(without it tipping over)...depending on the location of the lighting, it could really block out annoying light glares.

Marty likes this.
  3. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Interesting point dark but this ***** is almost 7lbs. Its gonna be a forever homebound unless Im on extended work vacation or something...

4. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm sure he's going to look really cool among all the hipsters with that gigantic laptop balanced upside down and covering up all the table space... ;)

Starlight5 and surfaceproartist like this.
  5. Shogmaster

I've looked worse.. lolz

6. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'd dare him to stick an Apple Sticker on the bottom if he did that.....with the cover story he's testing out a new MacBook concept for Apple. In a Starbucks filled with Macs everywhere......I'm sure at least one or two hipsters will try to copy.....even after they realize they don't even have a touch screen.

7. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I guess this thread title shows that the PC in tabletpcreview does NOT stand for 'politically correct'. :eek:

8. Shogmaster

RDJ told me its OK to use that word...

9. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

As long as you don't go full...

Shogmaster likes this.
  10. Shogmaster

Just a quick update. I finally ordrred some torx screw set and opened her up. Contrary to what salesman and youtube said (granted on previous version), this thing has both a 2.5 SATA slot and a PCIe M.2 slot! Also prominant is the 2 side by side SoDIMM slots. F yeah!

I've found what looks like the same model but with Win 10 Pro instead of Win 10 Home at Costco.com for $100 less. Hopefully it has the same internals as this Best Buy version.

Marty and thatcomicsguy like this.