Gateway M275E bts

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Barry J. Doyle, Nov 4, 2005.

1. enriquenator

enriquenator Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I know you guys are going to roll your eyes at me.... but here goes:

I bought a tablet today for college next year. And it wasn't the R15, it wasn't the M4, and it wasn't the Acer. I bought the Gateway M275 E bts. Here's why (it's a really great deal for college students)

For a little under $1800, I got:

1. 1.8 Ghz Pentium M
    2. 512 MB (512 x 1) RAM
    3. 80 GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive
    4. DVD / CDRW combo
    5. One-note
    6. Some math software
    7. A Carrying case
    8. An extra pen
    9. 3 years tech support, on-site repairs, and accidental damage coverage.

I'm very excited about my new tablet. If you guys would like it, I'd be more than willing to do a review of it when it does arrive. If it's sufficiently high quality, you could use it here on tabletpcreviewspot.com.

2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sure, let us know when it arrives.

I'm not going to roll my eyes at you, I hope it works out. I think there are better options, but it sounds like the support plan was very important to you, so that's a real benefit. Just go over it with a fine tooth comb. The unit we bought a year or so ago looked like it had been put together by children. It was sent back and not re-ordered.

3. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

enriquenator,

I can't believe you actually ordered the M275 :eek:

Naw, just kidding!

The good news is that the M275 is one slick looking machine. It sounds like the specs. have been updated since we tried one last summer. I hope that yours does better than the one we had. It was probably just a bum unit - and Gateway totally stood behind it and gave us our money back, no questions asked. As Brian mentioned, please keep us up to date when you receive your new machine!

Good Luck (no eye rolling either).

4. lorms

lorms Pen Pal - Newbie

Did you ever do an actual review of the M275? I am curious how it compares with the latest Gateway convertible (especially because it is lighter, and to my eyes, sleeker looking.) I'd be interested in your thoughts about its merits as there doesn't seem to be much chatter about the M275 in the forums.

5. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The M275 is very pretty on the outside, but I would be a little concerned about what's on the inside. It was Gateway's first Tablet PC effort. Improvements in the new model are inevitable.