Gateway Core Duo Tablet PC Models 285-E / CX210 Arrive! Discussion

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by lika, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

First we had the powerful Tosiba M400 Tablet PC with Intel's new Core Duo technology. It was only a matter of time that we would see models start to appear from the other big "players"...

Read the full content of this Article: Gateway Core Duo Tablet PC Models 285-E / CX210 Arrive!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Neverwinter

Neverwinter Scribbler - Standard Member

Does anyone know where on Gateway.com is this laptop? I can't find it anywhere. Even the product page. I heded over to the website through the link on the Gizmodo article, but all it leads to is to the Gateway homepage. And does anyone know what the specs are for the HP model?

3. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

It isn't available just yet, seeing as they just announced it, I think it will available in a few days or weeks.

4. dextran

dextran Pen Pal - Newbie

is it still going to weigh a ton?
    and is the tablet technology Wacom?

I believe the old tablet did not support pressure sensitivity in Photoshop.

5. CorlanMcD

CorlanMcD Pen Pal - Newbie

Thats pretty cool! Hopefully it won't weigh as much as its predecessor.

6. mikelaaron

mikelaaron Pen Pal - Newbie

Actually, the press release says that it's available for ordering today, but after i chatted with 3 sales reps, i was finally told that it can be configured in May, and will ship in JUNE!

The new Gateway M285-E Convertible Notebook starts at $1,399.99. It is available for order now direct from Gateway via 1-800-GATEWAY or www.gateway.com.

The Gateway CX210 Convertible Notebook for home and home office customers is designed to be easy to use and maintain at prices that fit into their budgets. It will be available for order in late May.

7. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Ah, whoops, I goofed! :)

I was talking about the CX210, thanks for clearing up when it will be available to order.

Neverwinter: The M285-E, but not the CX210, is infact on the Gateway website, Click here to view the page. (To get there: Gateway Website -> Small/Mid Business -> Notebooks -> M285-E)

8. Neverwinter

Neverwinter Scribbler - Standard Member

Oh yea, thanks, I saw that one. The old one that is... I hope more Core Duo tablet PCs come out earlier, because I only want a Core Duo. If I can't wait, that means I will have to settle for a Toshiba M200 or M4.

9. sdsviet

sdsviet Pen Pal - Newbie

from the looks of the pic. do u think that the internals are completely different or did they just put in a core duo chip. would that require a new mobo? if it was a new mobo then i see the bluetooth being added to it. if its the same mobo as the older models then is there a chance for us to add bluetooth to ours?

10. rafalmaldo

rafalmaldo Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys where do you think they are going to place or were is paced the blue thoth device in the new cx210/m285e model??????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.