Gateway C-140x Waiting Room

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Bevelund, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirnumbskull

Sirnumbskull Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm also still waiting on a September 25th shipment. You're not alone, slawek. Both the customer service department and the sales team assures me it'll be here by the 25th.

2. kidkadian

kidkadian DJ / VJ / Performer

Krispy you luck b**t*rd! i order mine the 8/27 with a EAD of 9/25.

But i got a question! My machine has been in processing since day one of the order. i figure they have until tomorrow for it to be shipped if it will arrive anywhere near its EAD. how long was your processing period? did it ever go into production for a day or two before being shipped? i have heard of people's order completely skipping the production stage and going strait to shipping.

3. dgh725

dgh725 Ah! I've found it!

I'm also on the 9/25 train. Just hang in there and we'll see if they hit the target or miss the mark.

4. tabletonthevista

tabletonthevista Scribbler - Standard Member

It skips production stage especially if you ordered other things besides the actual machine... at least in my case. The first status page goes from processing to shipped because it takes the slowest status state, if you will, and the warranties remained in processing even though the machine is in production.

Krispy, it looks like we're in the same batch. "Package received after FedEx cutoff" -- lame. What's the estimated delivery date for you, krispy? And for those of you that got it before FedEx's estimated delivery date, how much sooner? Chris, you said 2 days?

nikecar, it took more like 2 days for the tracking number to start working. Don't you just love it with their explanation. It took the rep like 2-3 minutes to get that response. I was thinking in my mind... 'wtf.. no one else on this forum got two tracking numbers.. and everyone's log always starts off with Shanghai, then Anchorage...etc.'

5. KriSpY162

KriSpY162 Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine said processing till the 17th and not even a full day after that it it went from in production to shipped. Don't even bother waiting for the in production.... they aren't up 2 date with that. THe best thing is the email when it's shipped.. then its all foward motion!

Mine's 9/25 @ 1030am... being delivered to NY
    Sep 20, 2007 2:57 PM

Departed FedEx location

ANCHORAGE, AK

Tableonthevista- i'm pretty sure our comps are right next to each other.. lol Wuts ur Expected arrival?

6. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Are you folks that are "processing" looking at the first status page, or are you clicking the order and going more in depth page?

The reason being is that the first online page shows the status based on the item furthest out for delivery. The detail page shows the status of all the different items on your order.

Example. I ordered the Work in Case and the tablet. they counted both items seperate under one order.

On the first order status page, it just had my order, the EAD, and the status.

Going to the detaile page, I would see both items listed seperately. Each item would have its respective status.

Initially I was given an EAD of August 8th. However, three days after order, my tablet went into Production. The detailed paged showed that. The WiC was still processing and its status showed processing. The first order page, showing just the overall order, showed the farthest item out's EAD and status (in this case the WiC's Processing status). So unless I clicked the details link, I would always assume my tablet was still in processing when it was in production.

Then when shipped (tablet) the details would reflect it too. I ended up getting the WiC the day after I got my tablet, but one day before my revised EAD of the 2nd, and the tablet came a week prior to my original EAD of August 8th.

7. n0tdan

n0tdan Scribbler - Standard Member

when you go into order status, click the order number link. My order still shows a 9/18 EAD on the main order delivery and when i click the link i see a 10/8 EAD... I hope that they've resolved whatever backorder has been delaying things... I can't believe that it's a correct EAD for those of you that have ordered this month and have a sooner EAD than me *angry* :) no notice of a delay doesn't really say much though :( i didn't receive any delay notice until a couple days before my EAD... *crosses fingers*

8. splitmetal

splitmetal Pen Pal - Newbie

One more for EAD 9/25. No change in "Processing" status (on any of order status pages), no delay notice, and no charge to my CC yet. I'm hoping the fact that we're so close to 9/25 without new EADs is a good sign.

9. Sirnumbskull

Sirnumbskull Pen Pal - Newbie

It's 2:45 PM on Friday the 21st in shanghai, China. Do you know where your tablet is?

Honestly, I'm at a loss at how they plan to build and ship my tablet in 5 days. Regardless, my fingers remain crossed.

10. mikc

mikc Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow I ordered on 9/16 and its in production phase after 5 days
    ughh that was fast, i was expecting something longer :p....
    how long does production take?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.