Gateway C-140x Waiting Room

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Bevelund, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tabletonthevista

tabletonthevista Scribbler - Standard Member

nikecar, I think your bet is getting much more secured by the day! ;):D

2. MarkT

MarkT Venerable Optimist

I gotta tell you guys, this new tablet is sweet...! Been playing with it for about 2 hours now, getting familiar with it...

3. tabletonthevista

Umm.. hey guys. I just checked out the Gateway site today and uh they have a new promotion? I assume that today is the first day (Thursday); can anyone confirm? Basically on the front notebook page, it advertises the 6 mo. no interest that ends Wednesday and $250 off (instead of 150) by Monday.

Since I've been talking to a rep and he said that the quote he gave me was the best he could do... well now that theres an extra $100 coupon, do I have any leverage? Now it won't be money out of his commission, but from his company right? Cause right now, his price is like $20 lower than the quote from the site. Does having an extra coupon affect how much they can take off?

I wonder what they're going to switch to for finance though... back to 90 or up it to 12mo. That's too risky though. :( Also running out of time with those long EAD's.

4. HalfRedneck

HalfRedneck Pen Pal - Newbie

I also just got referred to a CS rep. But, mine told me my EAD is delayed to 9/3 from 8/29. Hopefully, they just got a pallet of parts in and they moved my delivery date to correspond more with everybody else's. I can only hope.

5. brianoflee

brianoflee Perpetual Student

I just asked, and my rep said no -- my discount was already greater than the extra $100 off. Apparently they've "dropped it down to cost" with this discount.

6. cbeas

cbeas Pen Pal - Newbie

I hate to bring up a possible party pooper question for those with 9/3 delivery dates but, that is Memorial Day. Does FedEx deliver on federal holidays like that?

7. chili

chili Pen Pal - Newbie

The news that it's now selling for $100 less was a pain and so is seeing others who ordered later receive it sooner than you. I do appreciate you guys sharing the information and I hope you do enjoy your tablets.

Ordered July 7, still waiting...

8. cbeas

cbeas Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm thinking the folks at Gateway don't understand basic economics. You'd think the prices would be going up based on the fact that they obviously can't keep up with the demand at the prices they were charging already. Seems like they'd get caught up on current orders before reducing prices and causing even higher demand. The supply and demand theory has been turned upside down!

9. DRR

DRR Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm with you Chili.

10. tabletonthevista

chili, don't get upset too quickly!

Although it's an additional $100 off right now, it's still $20 more expensive than what you got it for. (It costs $120 extra to bring the C2D 1.5GHz back up to 1.8GHz, which was standard last month.)

brianoflee: How much more discount did you already get? Unless it's more than say $70, it's not a better deal than what some people got in July. Not only did they not have the $120 premium, they got probably at least $50 extra off for the bargaining.

cbeas: I think you meant Labor Day. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.