Gateway C-140x Waiting Room

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Bevelund, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Take notes regulary, then when i comes, you can have practice by inputting your notes in.

2. chriscannon

chriscannon Proud Member of the PFJ! Senior Member

nikecar... thats lame... the whole point of the thing is that i wont have to take notes on paper anymore.

3. americangurl

americangurl Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, all. I have been lurking here for months, and bought my c140x on the 15th of July. Right after it was delayed, with all the others till the 8/14, i discided to upgrade to the ati and the t7300 processor. After gateway messed this up a few times (pulled my computer out of production with out changing anything) they clearly put a rush on it as well as giving me 100 extra bucks off. My tablet went in to production early last week when everyone started being delayed, and shipped on the 10th, left china on the 11th and arrived on my aunts door step in Seattle this morning (im on vacation). So clearly gateway has atleast some parts to make these things. I think getting lucky and talking to someone higher up is the way to get things set right but you have to be nice its not their fault their only there to help you.

Kris

4. brianoflee

brianoflee Perpetual Student

Thanks, Kris -- it's good to see that there are at least some units shipping. All hope it not lost!

5. nikecar

I'm just giving a solution for those that won't get it prior to classes.

You do have to admit, with a few days worth of notes, which you will have to do anyways if it doesn't arrive, think of all the practice you get from converting them to the tablet.

6. Bevelund

Bevelund Pen Pal - Newbie

are we talking writing them in, or scanning them in...

rewriting my notes would be too tedious:eek: ...I think I'll just scan them in if it doesn't get here before classes start

7. nikecar

either way... although writing them in will get you experience BEFORE you try and use it during the class. If you get lost, or look for a feature, you might miss the discussion.

At least if you try prior with your class notes you already did, it will make it easier when actually in class.

8. chriscannon

chriscannon Proud Member of the PFJ! Senior Member

alright... if you say so...

i may not have to worry about that anyway because my schooling is run off of a computer program. ill be writing my answers in, and hopefully it will let me write in essays and reports. I dont know why it wouldnt, since they usually go through Word.

9. Garfield

Garfield Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello everyone,
    I've been reading this forum for a while now and finally decided to join especially since I finally ordered my system.

I also spoke with my sales rep on Monday and he said that they are expecting a shipment of parts on Friday and that he would be able to give me a better estimate on my EAD. I also think it should help get every one else's orders moving.

He also said the reason for my long EAD was the back order and they had to make it that long. He also said that I should receive it before my EAD.

10. DRR

DRR Pen Pal - Newbie

Welcome to the forum, Garfield.