Gateway C-140x Waiting Room

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Bevelund, Aug 7, 2007.

1. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Connecticut is CT, not CN. China is CN.

and i just now saw the connecticut int he original email. i'd have responded differently. Now I can understand why he was curious about the route...

man this is funny.

2. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hehe...thanks Nikecar...that clears up a lot...I ha not idea this was made in China...so now the Alaska route makes sense...but guess what...it now has arrived in Tennessee...and will then have to travel 5,000 miles west.

This means that it has already flown over me, albeit a few hundred miles north.

Nikecar, you explained about the necessity of the Hub in Indianapolis...any ideas why it then went east to Tennessee ( another clearing house?) before it turns around and flies back across the U.S.? and then across the Pacific to Hawaii?

Glad I am providing some humor. I know there is a Moscow Indiana...so why not a Shanghai, Connecticut? heh

3. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well, TN is the main hub and HQ for FedEx.

When the first few shipments went out, they all did the CN-AK-IN route then veered off from there. Even folks in the Pacific NW did that route.

There were a few instances that from AK it went directly to a west coast hub, but those are few and far between. i'm guessing maybe those folks who've ordered overnight shipping, although everyone is getting them about 3 days total travel time. 2 if you are close to IN.

I've seen an LA shipment go straight from IN, so I don't know why HI would go to Memphis, other than maybe getting on a larger plane?

4. michaelws

Thanks Nikecar...I appreciate your posts.

I added up the mileage...11,800 rounded off. China to Alaska to Indiana to Tennessee to Hawaii. It sits in Honolulu as of now...so tomorrow afternoon looks like the date. My house is the last on the FeDEx route...so it will be around 5 p.m. tomorrow.

Love the anticipation

5. michaelws

The FedEx truck is driving up the driveway...gotta go...cya in the owners lounge. The slow boat from China wasn't all that slow...was supposed to be tomorrow (according to the FedEx schedule). Yea!

6. salsatigger

salsatigger Pen Pal - Newbie

After a few months of lurking on the forum with the occasional posts, I have finally taken the plunge and ordered the C-140. Not being able to have it delivered to me in the UK means i will have to hop across the pond to pick it up at Thanksgiving time. Shame Gateway do not deliver outside the US. :mad: Nevertheless gave me a perfect excuse to do the pond hop. :D

Thanks to all who have made useful comments and observations which has helped me in picking the C-140. The only other serious contestant was the T4220 but I did not think I could live with the 12" screen. Will just have to enjoy the seeming weight of the C-140.

I am looking forward to having a go at the tablet - my first one!

My order date: 26/10/07
    Gateway EAD: 6/11/07 - will see if this changes!

7. Vertrucio

Vertrucio Pen Pal - Newbie

Actually, Acer, a company that primarily deals in Europe and other countries just bought Gateway. Too bad it'll take them some time to get gateway in tune with the rest of the world.

Oh, and I'm in the waiting room too. My ETA is actually tomorrow, 10/31/07, but they just gave me the shipping info on monday, and it's not even showing up in the Fedex tracking system.

I'm hoping it does come soon, I've got some art projects I want to handle digitally.

edit: Ah crap, Fedex doesn't put the arrival until November 2nd. Like above, it didn't make the cut off for Fedex. It was just picked up at Shanghai, then it needs to go to Gateway HQ, then ship to me. If it does come this Friday, at least I'll have the weekend to set it up. But, unless it reaches Gateway's shipping center tomorrow, I'm out of luck for the most part.