Gateway C-140x Waiting Room

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Bevelund, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erock1982

Erock1982 Logistics Genius

thanks for the info sirnumbskull... ive been blowing smoke in fedex's ear trying to figure out what the truth was thats probably it...

2. gresults

gresults Pen Pal - Newbie

Well that really sucks.. I was looking forward to having mine for my two days of medical appointments.

I was hoping maybe just computer clitch on the tracking numbers.

O well waited this long .. but did pick up a really nice OGIO Metro Backpack for mine.. If anyone is interested in one I can get them for 58..00 shipped.
    http://www.ogio.com/product.php?product=442 just drop me a email.

3. valentine83

valentine83 Pen Pal - Newbie

So to everyone who's status changed to shipped on Friday the 21st, did anyone receive their laptop or a functional tracking number?

It sounds like the entire 9/21 group is stuck in purgatory

4. sleepy

sleepy Aerospace Engineering

yeah I am stuck to valentine. I receive my tracking number on the 21'st but still no go on the tracking. I talked to my sales rep, she was rude, and said that the tracking number should work in 2-3 days. I was at work so didn't really think about it, but 2-3 days!? I should have gotten my laptop by than~! (EAD 9/27) I just emailed her about it. ><

EDIT wow thanks for the info...(person who took the time to figure out the confusing time difference) Man its not really the wait that bothers me. But the fact that I was told i would get it at so and so date. which is still not all that bad because "S**t happens" understandable. But for it to delay and not be told its delayed bothers me. Who knows maybe it really will make it Wed! Lets be optimistic

5. Sirnumbskull

Sirnumbskull Pen Pal - Newbie

dEx-watch (FedEx-watch) 2007 begins now! For the next 8 hours (until 2 AM my time, or 5 PM in China), I'll be checking every hour on the hour to see if my tracking number works, and I'll give you the results. This may be relevant to everyone who's waiting on a 9/21 or 9/22 shipment, since our shipments are arranged in bulk. If they ship out today (tuesday) in China, they should get here by wednesday in the US, Thursday at the latest. In theory, as soon as one ships, they all ship. I encourage you to play along with me. C-140 owners, wish us luck!

6:14 pm PST/9:14 am Shanghai: Tracking number Nonfunctional

6. Erock1982

oh which btw its bs that they ship out in bulk like that... immagine if every company operated that way... well i know 10 people ordered widgets but until this bin is full of 100 widgets from future orders i think we ought to cut costs and not ship any out until we have all the orders in... brainless... people will eventually go to the company that gets their widgets out on time shipped individually.

7. n0tdan

n0tdan Scribbler - Standard Member

hmm, interesting. my tracking still doesn't work yet (just like everyone else's) but gateway charged my account today, and they billed me separately for the battery o_O I almost thought they somehow added some more discounts ><;;

the wait is killing me! I've not made a major purchase like this in years and i'm dying to get my new toy/tool!

8. Erock1982

my account was not debited...

9. vandit23

vandit23 Pen Pal - Newbie

How accurate is their EAD? I ordered 9-22-07, and my EAD is 10-11-07...are they usually on time, late , or (hopefully) early in their delivering these machines? I'm sure I should search, but I have a midterm I am studying for...Sorry guys, if this is a repeated question...AND thanks for any help.

10. Sirnumbskull

Sirnumbskull Pen Pal - Newbie

7:12 pm PST/10:12 am Shanghai: Tracking Number still Nonfunctional

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.