Gateway C-140x Waiting Room

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Bevelund, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirnumbskull

Sirnumbskull Pen Pal - Newbie

The whole situation is kind of weird with the international dateline. It takes 8 hours for FedEx to get the package from Shanghai to Alaska, but it's going across the international dateline to a state that's in Pacific Standard Time. As a result, you end up with a net of 7 hours EARLIER.

So, if it starts its journey at 12:00 noon on Monday the 24th in Shanghai, it travels 8 hours to Alaska, which makes it get there at 8:00 pm in Shanghai, but it travels 15 hours into the PAST (sort of), making it arrive in Alaska at 5:00 AM on Monday the 24th.

2. Erock1982

Erock1982 Logistics Genius

yea sirnumb - you have it right with the timing and how wierd the IDL works... btw mine was shipped supposedly on friday and the tracking number still doesn work, im in the same boat yall are... instead of worrying about it though i went paintballin yesterday lol i cant decide which is better having the laptop or beating the crap out of other people and vice versa. i think playing on a laptop might be safer though.

3. Slawek

Slawek My new laptop smoking you

I got a shipping notice Friday, my tracking number is not functional yet, and I noticed my bank account hasn't been billed yet. TAKE MY MONEY DAMMIT.

4. gresults

gresults Pen Pal - Newbie

Same here tracking still not working.. I guess if nothing else I'll know its here when it shows up. Of course I had it sent my second location thinking I would be there when it arrives, but now work at a differnt location.

5. KriSpY162

KriSpY162 Pen Pal - Newbie

So i work today from 5am-10 and i even leave work early to race home.. my EAD is tomorrow at 10 but i had a feeling it come today.. I get home and i see the notice on the door.. no one else was home at the time :( I can pick it up at 6pm tonight.... lol the waiting is only gonna make tha comp. that much better :p

6. chriscannon

chriscannon Proud Member of the PFJ! Senior Member

Atleast its there, and you can guarantee that you will get it!

7. kidkadian

kidkadian DJ / VJ / Performer

i honesty don't mind the waiting i order it on 8/25 and really didn't start to get jumpy till about 3 or 4 days ago. however we all have lives and things to do, regardless of how many times a day we post about this product. And in my case, projects that are being held up because of the wait for this product. which i think maybe the case for a lot of the non students who post in here. Moreover we all have our own reasons ( work, school, gaming ) for getting a little crazy over a gateway product, esp. if it lives up the hype, and allows us to get what we want done.

i really don't think people are really going nuts waiting for the product but waiting for that productivity boost they hope to see with the project.

so a few are dying , i maybe one of them!

just my 2 cents

Oh yea, tracking number still don't work.
    9/25 my ass! i just hope it gets here before noon the 27.

8. KriSpY162

KriSpY162 Pen Pal - Newbie

they re-delivered it! And this is my first ink message! So worth the wait

9. chriscannon

chriscannon Proud Member of the PFJ! Senior Member

I know I was freaking out because I didnt want to start school late, or have to load my school on my desktop. (homeschooled senior)

Im glad it came barely in time and it helps being able to do my schoolwork wherever I need to, with only having to carry 1 notebook for all my classes... ;)

congrats krispy!

10. Sirnumbskull

Sirnumbskull Pen Pal - Newbie

For those who are waiting on a working tracking number:
    According to several FedEx representatives, they haven't even picked the packages up yet. FedEx is on a backlog from typhoons in China, meaning they don't know when they'll pick the package up. According to FedEx, once the packages are put on a plane it will be 2 business days from that date to get to us.
    MATHS:
    It's currently 5:00 am in China, meaning that we won't have any chance for the package to be picked up until 3 hours from now (5:00 pm PST), and that window will extend to probably 5:00 pm their time, so 1 AM PST. If it gets picked up during that time, we should have our packages either Wednesday or Thursday. If they fail to pick up the packages by then, it will likely be Friday before we see our tablets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.