Gateway C-140x Waiting Room

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Bevelund, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n0tdan

n0tdan Scribbler - Standard Member

My battery finally cleared shipped status.. the fedex tracking says EAD of friday... -_-

The notebook tracking number still doesn't work

2. Sirnumbskull

Sirnumbskull Pen Pal - Newbie

So, what's the deal with the non-functional tracking numbers? Soviet plot?

3. tabletonthevista

tabletonthevista Scribbler - Standard Member

Wow that was some crazy shipping. I actually got it Friday morning. It went from AK to IN to CA overnight. FedEx said that it was gonna come on Tuesday...

So far so good! Nothing bad to report yet.

4. KriSpY162

KriSpY162 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yea ours was def side by side... mine got to NY friday but its still at the sort facility.. so it'll prolly come Monday! Which is a day earlier than the EAD.... Hoorahhh!

Worth all the waiting??

5. tabletonthevista

tabletonthevista Scribbler - Standard Member

Well I've been waiting for like 2 years for a tabletpc already :D and certainly the tech isn't all that shockingly new to me, so not that surprised. Actually, I was jumpin' out of my seat when FedEx came and during the opening process. :D:D

I mean, I haven't really used the notetaking feature yet. But definitely not a disappointment! All my expectations were met. Also, the screen didn't seem as small as I thought it might be. Just perfect!

I'm certainly glad that it came on the day that I moved back to campus.. and not after as had expected!

6. Sirnumbskull

Sirnumbskull Pen Pal - Newbie

For those that have a non-functioning tracking number, after a bit of calling I confirmed what I was afraid of:
    Gateway will issue your tracking number when they generate it, but fedex won't start tracking it until the item is actually picked up.

In short, if you have a non-functioning tracking number, your package is sitting in Shanghai right now, at Gateway's factory, waiting to be picked up, and probably has not made any progress yet.

If this is your situation, I empathize with you, since mine got "shipped" saturday, and won't actually leave the facility until monday.

7. valentine83

valentine83 Pen Pal - Newbie

I was much happier pretending it was in an airplane somewhere over the pacific:(

So if china is 8 hours ahead, does that means its already monday there? I wish gateway would have given an option for expedited shipping.
    Good luck everybody I'm hoping for tuesday

Ordered 9/6
    EAD 9/25

8. mikemx

mikemx Pen Pal - Newbie

Possible off-topic question... just wondering,

How many of you are DYING with anticipation? Personally I don't find the waiting that bad, I kinda like the feeling of waiting for it to arrive... maybe I'm just crazy hahaha.

9. vandit23

vandit23 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have an EAD of 10-11-07...Can't wait...Why so long for these puppies?

10. DrNick664

DrNick664 Scribbler - Standard Member

I think it has to do with the way gateway keeps the parts in stock. They buy a limited number or parts and when they run out they have to oder more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.