Gateway C-140x Tablet PC User Review

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Bevelund, Aug 30, 2007.

1. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

1) yes its real. My gut tells me its real. My gut tells me I'm holding it so it has to be real! (sorry, bad Colbert joke).. Ok, yes, its really an active digitizer from WACOM. No passive here. The passive/Active is the c120x.

2) I've not used it, but someone has on a previous model and the ADP got them the c-140 as the replacement. Now you DO have 1 yr from purchase of the tablet to upgrade warranties.

You can click here:
    http://www.tabletpcreview.com/default.asp?newsID=935&review=Gateway+C%2D140X+

for more info on it, along with performance scores.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. BoReDLoZeR

BoReDLoZeR Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok, I just registered for the forums and I am thinking of getting one of these but i have been hearing many bad things about Gateway, are there any known issues with this tablet? has MPC changed anything to the computer itself?

3. nikecar

Some folks have stated their tablet overheats with the ATI card, of course there are many that don't have that issue.

i personally haven't had anything that concerns me from mine and I love it.

With anything, there are lemons. I can go out and poll Mercedes and Lexus owners and I know I'll get some who aren't happy with their problems.

As for what MPC has done, we've not noticed anything. Maybe the ability to get further discounts, but no one has posted if they've gotten anything more, so that is just a guess.

There was an issue with pen sensitivity with Adobe CSx programs, but we've gotten that resolved.

4. BoReDLoZeR

Thank you, I planning on getting the Lenovo X61T but I was noticing many people having issues with it so i started looking at this one. By the way, why does Gateway have a bad reputation? :confused:

5. DevinJ

DevinJ Pen Pal - Newbie

I just ordered one from MPC cause I wanted to get a faster processor than what the C-140XL offered at like 1.66 ghz. I went with the 2.2 ghz. I asked about a student discount and they told me that they didn't have anything like that, but maybe Gateway did for their C-140 series. I'll let you know what its like when I get it. Here is what I ordered:

S-7235C Notebook (SB) for $1,471.36(including tax+shipping)
    Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7500 (2.20GHz, 800MHz, 4MB L2 Cache)

512MB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (1-512MB module) (Already have (2) 1 GB RAM)

Windows Vista OS

Chassis w/ ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 HD 256MB PCIExpress Graphics (128MB GDDR3 Dedicated Memory with up to 256MB using HyperMemory Technology)

80GB 5400rpm Serial ATA hard drive

24x/ 10x/ 24x CD-RW / 8x DVD Combo Drive

Primary 8-Cell Lithium Ion battery w/ 1 Yr. limited

Integrated Intel 3945 802.11a/ b/ g wireless networking

Bluetooth Wireless Networking Module

6. BoReDLoZeR

@ DevinJ

Where did you get your ram? I need 3gb but theirs is just way to expensive.
    What warranties did you get, they are all so expensive:eek:

7. nikecar

Newegg. they have 2GB sticks for under $60.

8. DevinJ

DevinJ Pen Pal - Newbie

I got mine through Circuit City on the black friday deal. I ordered 2 sticks of 1 gig Ram for 29.99 with $15 MIR to make it $30 for the two. I went to pick up my order saturday and they only had the one stick so they gave me a different one for $24 with no rebate, and they gave me a $24 gift card. So I'll get 2 sticks of 1 gig RAM for $39 and a $24 gift card. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

There are lots of web deals out there just search around. Like they said newegg is one. Its defenitly better to upgrade your own rather than pay like the $120 they charge.

I didn't really get any of the warranties. If you take care of your notebook it should be fine. Or if it is a lemon it will have problems right away and then they will take care of it then. I've never really bought into warranties, just a way for them to get more money out of your pockets.

9. BoReDLoZeR

thanx for the replies, this helps alot ^_^

10. DevinJ

DevinJ Pen Pal - Newbie

Well turns out my order I placed never got placed? You explain this to me. I got a order summary telling me that I would get a email the next day and it has never shown. I called both Gateway and MPC and neither found any of my order info. This is good cause I found gateways refurbished seller on ebay and got a refurbished one for a much better price and better specs.

$732
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7500 (2.20GHz, 800MHz, 4MB L2)
    Hard Drive: 100GB 7200rpm Serial ATA hard drive
    Memory: 2048MB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    Optical Drive: 8x Multi-Format Dual Layer DVD/RW With DVD-RAM
    Operating System: Genuine Microsoft Windows XP Tablet
    Application Software: Microsoft Works 8.5
    Network Card: Integrated Intel 3945 802.11a/b/g Wireless Networking
    Bluetooth: Bluetooth Wireless
    Memory Card Reader: 7 -1 Memory Card Reader
    Sound Card: Integrated High Definition Audio
    Modem: Integrated V.92 56K modem
    Video Card: Chassis w/ 128MB graphics, PM965, 1394 & FPRDR