Gateway C-140X Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by thaluckyspoon, Jul 4, 2007.

1. thaluckyspoon

thaluckyspoon Scribbler - Standard Member

Apparently there is a report from the 'tablet pc show' that the Gateway DOES in fact have touchscreen. The other thread 'Pros/Cons to buying' goes into it in more depth.

Does anyone know of any concrete evidence either way. Gateway sales rep's are not concrete evidence haha.

2. Perodriguez

Perodriguez Pen Pal - Newbie

3. NovaBird

NovaBird Pen Pal - Newbie

I know that we are, dare I say it? Anxiously awaiting our C-140Xs. As probably the senior forum member (I'm probably at least 2x older [not wiser] than any of you), here is something for us to remember while we're waiting...
    “He that can have Patience, can have what he will”
    --Benjamin Franklin
    Of course, old Ben didn't know about tablet PCs......

4. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I hope you are not twice my age...... you would be long gone pushing up daisies....[​IMG]

And my quote for patience and age would reflect ~ It is very strange that the years teach us patience - that the shorter our time, the greater our capacity for waiting.
    Elizabeth Taylor - 1932

5. xxgrandslamxx

xxgrandslamxx Pen Pal - Newbie

One idea about when the tablet does ship is to check your credit card statement. I know that right now my credit card has less credit avaliable but the computer has not been added to my bill. It shouldn't be added to the bill until it has actually shipped.

6. lyl

lyl o_0

They charged my credit card in full right after i hung up the phone with the sales rep.

7. apinkpony

apinkpony Scribbler - Standard Member

They charged my "credit card" right away, but then I looked a few days later and it was all back... I think they were just checking.

Also, the TabletPC Show the link that they have talks about both the C-120X and the C-140X. The only reference in that link to the touch screen is with the C-120X. I actually left a comment about this and he said he would do some more digging to find out exactly what the darn thing is. :-D

8. djb

djb Pen Pal - Newbie

IN PRODUCTION!!!!
    i just chatted with my rep, and she said that the tablet has been sent to production, (even though the order status says otherwise),

and she said it will take about "1.5 weeks" for this stage to complete....yeah right!, they're just giving very conservative dates so we don't chop off their heads at late arrivals.

oh yeah i've checked up on the credit card thing, it gets charged originally at purchase, but you actually get the money taken away when it is shipped < this is from the rep as well.

9. apinkpony

DJB when did your order yours? I ordered on 7/2. I tried talking to someone online and they said "you need to talk to you rep" but since I didn't have a rep i had to call customer service, and they wouldn't even put me through to a real person! Sigh. I can't imagine it just sitting in production for 1 1/2 weeks especially because the automated lady said "all parts are in stock, we are just awaiting it to be transferred to manufacturing". If all parts are in stock, it should already be in manufacturing at this point....

10. thaluckyspoon

thaluckyspoon Scribbler - Standard Member

Even if the tablet was in production for 10-11 days (very... very unlikely, more like 3-5 days) it would still beat my estimated arrival date of July 26th.

I bet I get my tablet by next friday at the latest. I am going to chat with a sales rep in about five minutes to see if they can give me an update.

11. superspypig

superspypig Pen Pal - Newbie

The most useful function of the bluetooth module (according to my personal experience), is to hook up with a iTech bluetooth stereo earphone. I have one for my cell phone, and always use it to listen to music. It is really inconvenient to bring the usb module with me all the time. and it doesn't have good signal neither, because it doesn't hook up with the main antena behind the screen.

Logitech MX Revolution is awesome.

12. djb

djb Pen Pal - Newbie

i ordered on 7/5, and im sure yours is already in production, they just have not bothered to update every single account, and the only people who will look into it, are the reps.

13. apinkpony

Hm. Yea I suppose they don't really care about me since I didn't give them (personally) any business.

Well since yours is definately after mine, I hope I get mine soon :-D

Update :

Got off phone with gateway rep. She was very helpful. She took a look and said there were no delays whatsoever with my order. I asked if i was processing or in production, and she checked several databases which apparently didn't give her any info. I explained I had a "friend" who ordered several days after me and he said his was already in production. She said that I am most likely in production already but reiterated what I had previously said that the system just isn't updated very often.

So I am probably in production and she said no delays so she said "latest it would be on your doorstep is 7/25" *my original ETA* but she said that is like, the latest.

14. HS77

HS77 Scribbler - Standard Member

Ah, well all you early ones will have to spend NONE of your first day playing with your new tablets, and all of the day on these forums, with your tablet in hand, answering questions =~D

Kidding of course :) But I know I'll be relying on y'all letting us know some of the unknown (while playing with it of course)! haha

15. thewhalepimp

thewhalepimp Pimp Master

Definitely =D

Anybody know when the EAD of the first batch of QS models?

16. calmron

calmron Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, after much debate, I finally made my purchase. This will be my first tablet and more of a want than a need. I have just always been fascinated by them.

Anyway, here is some useful information. I got an extra $50 off the existing $150 instant discount currently being offered. I told the sales chat guy "i don't need it right now so was going to hold off till the -$200 coupon came back around but saw the sales chat and thought I would see if there was and equivalent coupon that maybe I didn't know about". he responded "i tell you what, if you are ready to order this now, i will give you the extra $50 off." He tried hard to push software upgrades first but I didn't bite.

By the way, his name is Wallace at 800 846 2042 ext 32821 or wallace.pry@gateway.com. He was a nice guy and gave me that extra $50 so I'm passing it along like he asked.

He told me it should be delivered by this coming Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

:D Just kidding! I lurked on this forum while researching and it was a wealth of info but some of those page after page of my "status says this" and "my status says that", started getting a little old. Then again, that was before I had ordered mine, so now I can be part of the problem!

real ead is 7/23

17. apinkpony

I talked to Wallace today... he wouldn't give me a damn status update but he was real nice about it atleast... :-D Course I started the conversation by saying "Hows your day going Wallace?" That always helps :-D .

Your date I think is sooner than any of ours (without quick ship i think) so that better mean mine is here before that hehe. :-D

18. HS77

Calmron . . . Now THAT had me going! I was about to get really excited if yours was really going to be there this Monday! Just the fact that SOMEONE would have it, to see how it is, is good enough for me!

Lol, Yeah I ordered mine on the 6th, estimated ETA is the 24th.

It seems something is going on with the orders. Either they are getting more and more materials for faster delivery and such, or they simply overestimated the timeline and are slowly correcting it as time goes along, because the later someone orders it, the sooner it seems to be coming in.

I'm patient enough though. But when I start the "HOW MUCH LONGER!?" thinking, I just remind myself, "About 10 more days, that's all. It'll fly by." That will be nice to have it come in earlier though. Get home from work and see a package . . . the cow box sitting there . . . I'd better have my box cutter with me right then and there Lol!

19. lyl

lyl o_0

Well probably have to sign for the package... going to be sweet when i come home from work to a yellow slip!

20. HS77

Well I SHOULD have someone home if I'm not, so they'd be able to sign for it.

Be better though if I was home though so that I could look at the window, see the truck, and be like a kid, waiting at the door for it!