Gateway C-140X Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by thaluckyspoon, Jul 4, 2007.

1. cephasara

cephasara Pen Pal - Newbie

Where the heck did you guys get these tablets at? I guess MPC computer, one of the places they were sold, is out of business now. :( Are there any other stores that still sell these? And about how much are they now?

2. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

They are no longer sold. Gateway had switched to selling them via Tigerdirect and I think a couple others. Then they just stopped without any word of a new one. Try eBay, or for used the market here.

3. cephasara

cephasara Pen Pal - Newbie

No use.. I couldn't find a thing on eBay. :(

Does Gateway even make tablets anymore? Sure sounds like they did a good job when they did. :D

4. NovaBird

NovaBird Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm surprised that Gateway stopped selling these tabletPCs. I love mine and have not had a minute of trouble with it. Sorry you weren't able to get in on the notebook frenzy when these comuters were first introduced.:cool:

5. dude

dude Pen Pal - Newbie

My CDRW drive kicked the bucket. Contacted friendly tech support, they said that the tablet is out of warranty and there is NOTHING they can do about it, even sell one to me. Could anybody help me figure out what to order? My original drive is Optiarc CRX800A. I ordered an Optiarc DVDRW with EIDE interface, but the connector is different. The original drive does not seem to be SATA either. Are there any other types of connection interfaces?

Any help would be appreciated.

6. steeven09

steeven09 Pen Pal - Newbie

7. jklv

jklv Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there a way to tighten the screen? Trough heavy use it's now kinda loose.

8. clads01

clads01 Pen Pal - Newbie

Get the service guide from this thread:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?t=29869

Look at the replace LCD section and you will see how to access the screws that tighten the screen mount. Be careful pulling off the hinge covers as they are easy to scratch/damage.

9. cosmic

cosmic Scribbler - Standard Member

All the hindges went along with lach I was with in my warranty they said they could not get parts for it and maild me an acer 8940G 18.4 1080p you do not get the stanard 1 year warranty on a replacement acers are crud these day's it was sent back 3 times in liss than 7 months they would not give in on 3 days past repairing warranty. I now own a asus n53jq with a ocz ssd and 16gb of ram I realy mis the c-140

10. zaharia

zaharia Pen Pal - Newbie

C-141X for sale in excellent shape. Everything works and hinges are tight.
    Made the following upgrades:
    Win 7 home premium 64 bit
    Core 2 Duo T8300 2.4ghz
    4 GB ram
    newer 12 cell Gateway 6600mah battery
    - upgraded hard drive to newest HITACHI Travelstar 7K320 0A57547 320GB
    SATA II 7200 RPM 16MB
    - Intel Wireless N card
    Not sure what price is reasonable? Offers?
    murray.zaharia@gmail.com

See my previous post about all the upgrades I made when purchased:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/gat...-completed-cpu-ram-wireless-n-hard-drive.html

11. BenGman

BenGman Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I have a Gateway E-295c that had XP Tablet PC installed with 4 system recovery discs + 2 Application & Driver Discs, a Cyberlink Disc and a Finger Print Reader Disc. Stupid me I got my Recovery Discs scratched and I want to do a re-install.

C140 X, XL QS discs will work too!

Anyone willing to sell me their discs/upload them please? The first 4 are the ones I am really interested in (because I have a Cyberlink Disc from a later model Gateway laptop and the downloadable finger print reader software is newer than the supplied disc).

I started imaging the CDs and copying the root structure so it may be possible to just upload certain files on the recovery CDs that 'CDCheck' was not able to recover for me.

I still have a previously recovered XP installed but not working too good and 'cleaning' the installation is my really last resort that didn't work too well last time. I can use my serial number if you may be worried about me invalidating your installation if I use someone's discs.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance!

12. Spartikiss

Spartikiss Scribbler - Standard Member

Take your discs to a video game retailer and have them clean the discs for you. They have special machines that will grind the surface and make them pretty readable...

Or you can try doing it yourself with some car wax or teeth whitening toothpaste and a bit of elbow grease...

But seriously... Stop multi-posting the threads here... The mods don't like that sort of stuff...

-Spart

13. brunoosti

brunoosti Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello everybody! Recently i've upgraded my c140x to windows 7 (64bit), but i can't get the screen buttons (for the tablet mode) to work. Any drivers or any thing that makes them work?
    Thanks for the help!

14. BenGman

BenGman Pen Pal - Newbie

15. brunoosti

I've tryed that, but "Tablet PC Button" under "Human Interface Devices" (as the readme file says) simply isn't there. : (
    What do i do?
    Thanks for you attention!

16. brunoosti

Fianly! I managed to do it : D
    The hardware is going to be under "other devices". As soon as you update the one of the both that appears there it gos to "human interface diveces" as "tablet pc buttons". Remember to choose the root folder in wich you unziped the driver, otherwise it wont work (if you select some subfolders).
    Thank you guys for helping!