Gateway C-140X Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by thaluckyspoon, Jul 4, 2007.

1. thaluckyspoon

thaluckyspoon Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm not really ticked and I don't think I'm complaining... more commentating. I fully expect gateway to beat the EAD and even if they don't I'll be happy because I will still have it.

I really do think I was one of the first people to order this laptop! I woke up, saw the news, went to gateway, bargained a lower price, and ordered it by 10:30 ish. Now I just have to wait three freaking weeks!!....

2. kfc469

kfc469 Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered mine 2 days ago and the estimated arrival date is 7/24.

Also, I've heard rumors that the screen on this can be used with the pen or just by touch with your finger. Is this true???

3. thaluckyspoon

I read this on the front page of this site the day it was released but I think it was a mistake. I didn't even think to ask gateway about it either, I assumed it was an error.

4. ships10

ships10 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

No, the C140 is not touch screen.It is the smaller C120 that is dual screen capable.
    Gateway seems to deliver their products well ahead of the EAD like it
    did for me and many others. If not, then just be patient . The tablet
    should be there in no time...I mean in good time.

5. apinkpony

apinkpony Scribbler - Standard Member

I just want to say that I know you weren't complain thaluckyspoon, I was just saying that it really isn't anything for anyone to complain about. Not that anyone was actually complaining. I know you were commentating and I have and am joining you in the commentating.

It is too bad that the 140 isn't a touch screen also. That would be tight, although I personally do not know how much I would use it?

I wonder how many people have ordered these computers... 100? 200? More? Less? We've got at least 5-6 on here...

6. ships10

ships10 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I personally do not like touch screen.
    It leaves you with a lot of finger-print blobs to have to wipe daily.
    It is pretty useful for ATM and GPS systems ....lol.

7. apinkpony

Hm. Yea I can't see myself using it very often but it would kind of be cool. Like "hey look at this!" But thats what the tablet and stylus is for right? :-D

When you said blob though, it somehow read in my mind as something a bit longer that starts with blo- and ends with -ob. Two words. Yeah.

8. apinkpony

9. thaluckyspoon

Multi-Touch has its purposes beyond just using your finger. I personally would never use my finger but if I ever lost my stylus it would be nice to know I could buy a cheap pda stylus and still have tablet functionality for the time being. (while another wacom stylus was on order) Speaking of this does anyone know if any major retailers sell wacom pens? I would like to buy a few extras but don't want to pay for shipping.

I keep checking my order status once every two hours or so to see if it changes from 'In processing' to whatever is the next step. Sadly it still says in processing...

10. apinkpony

I keep doing that to and if you click on the link "processing" it takes you to the steps! We're on step 2 of 4 my friend. Half way there...

Oh and uh, you be sure to tell us when yours changes! Your the first one to buy one so when yours changes it should mean changes for the rest of us soon... :-D