Gateway C-140X Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by thaluckyspoon, Jul 4, 2007.

1. BenGman

BenGman Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I have a Gateway E-295c that had XP Tablet PC installed with 4 system recovery discs + 2 Application & Driver Discs, a Cyberlink Disc and a Finger Print Reader Disc. Stupid me I got my Recovery Discs scratched and I want to do a re-install.

C140 X, XL QS discs will work too!

Anyone willing to sell me their discs/upload them please? The first 4 are the ones I am really interested in (because I have a Cyberlink Disc from a later model Gateway laptop and the downloadable finger print reader software is newer than the supplied disc).

I started imaging the CDs and copying the root structure so it may be possible to just upload certain files on the recovery CDs that 'CDCheck' was not able to recover for me.

I still have a previously recovered XP installed but not working too good and 'cleaning' the installation is my really last resort that didn't work too well last time. I can use my serial number if you may be worried about me invalidating your installation if I use someone's discs.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance!

2. Spartikiss

Spartikiss Scribbler - Standard Member

Take your discs to a video game retailer and have them clean the discs for you. They have special machines that will grind the surface and make them pretty readable...

Or you can try doing it yourself with some car wax or teeth whitening toothpaste and a bit of elbow grease...

But seriously... Stop multi-posting the threads here... The mods don't like that sort of stuff...

-Spart

3. brunoosti

brunoosti Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello everybody! Recently i've upgraded my c140x to windows 7 (64bit), but i can't get the screen buttons (for the tablet mode) to work. Any drivers or any thing that makes them work?
    Thanks for the help!

4. BenGman

BenGman Pen Pal - Newbie

5. brunoosti

I've tryed that, but "Tablet PC Button" under "Human Interface Devices" (as the readme file says) simply isn't there. : (
    What do i do?
    Thanks for you attention!

6. brunoosti

Fianly! I managed to do it : D
    The hardware is going to be under "other devices". As soon as you update the one of the both that appears there it gos to "human interface diveces" as "tablet pc buttons". Remember to choose the root folder in wich you unziped the driver, otherwise it wont work (if you select some subfolders).
    Thank you guys for helping!