Gateway C-140X Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by thaluckyspoon, Jul 4, 2007.

1. jrorion5

jrorion5 Pen Pal - Newbie

FAIR??? ;)
    We got ours in a week because we chose the pre-configured setups from Gateway. I was worried about delays, but there were none.:)

2. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

mine came in like 2 weeks, configurable, and I think the 3rd or 4th member here to have gotten it.. so I won't complain!!! :D

3. chriscannon

chriscannon Proud Member of the PFJ! Senior Member

jeese... lucky.

I remember having tons of money but I couldnt buy anything because gateway wouldnt charge my account until my order shipped.

I had 2 grand saved for like 2 months and almost gave in to the higher priced (for the same performace) tablets... But then I figured I could get a normal laptop for about the same price as the c-140x and realised how much of a deal I got getting it for $1200, and decided to wait.

On a side note: I offered to help my friend decide on a laptop to buy and he ended up paying $1000 on a normal laptop with like all of the specs worse than mine... I think he should have listened to me! :rolleyes:

4. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

So if I manage to get a 6 cell modular (it's still an option with MPC) how does it get removed and replaced with the CD/DVD? I have seen no mention of any mechanism on the C-140 for doing this like on some other laptops.

5. aplhn

aplhn Pen Pal - Newbie

Just want to say thank you for all the information on this thread, I found lots of great info after getting my c-140xL. anyone know where I can find a good price on the 12 cell Battery? Thanks

6. chriscannon

chriscannon Proud Member of the PFJ! Senior Member

Scuba... there is a little slide-button thing on the bottom that when pulled all the way will release the cd/dvd/modular battery drive and it slides in and out fairly easily.

Go to this site: http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/2007/ViperSR/1014382R/1014382Rbv.shtml

Its letter e/f.

Note, if you were holding the laptop correctly, the modular bay and switch would be on the right of the laptop.

7. ScubaX

Thanks for the link and info.

8. 05rscott

05rscott Pen Pal - Newbie

I just got my C-140XL and I'm loving it. This is going to make classes this semester such a breeze. I am always losing my papers and I hate recording audio from lectures because it's so agitating to search through the audio for what you need. With One Note though, it's SO EASY! I can just tap a section of my notes for the audio at that point. Makes studying virtually effortless.

Anyway, I figured I'd share with you my shipment times... prepare to be amazed.

Jan 10 - 1:00 pm : Placed order over phone
    Jan 10 - 5:00 pm : Order processing
    Jan 10 - 7:30 pm : Order shipped
    Jan 11 - 10:00 am : Order received!!!

Yeah, I got my tablet in 21 hours after I placed the order. To be fair, I did pay for overnight shipping. However, the standard shipping is practically free and so they discount faster ship times. I also got $50 off using the coupon ENT08NB. It's like the NEWYEAR coupon that also gave $50 off, but it's supposedly active for the entire year. Also, ENT08DT apparently works for desktop orders. (I'm not 100% positive on that code.) I hope everyone is enjoying their tablets!!!

9. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

did it come from China, or from the US?

10. ScubaX

That would be pretty good coming from China. The flight time alone is at least 14 hours to California from China. Since GW only has the two configurations, they are probably stocked here.