Gateway C-140X Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by thaluckyspoon, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MNTBRDERRX

MNTBRDERRX MNTBRDER- NEWBIE

I ordered mine 9-27, it arrived 10/2. The memory cards were "loose" though. I had to open her up and re seat them. It was a bit nerve wracking but She hasn't had an issue since. It would just shut off i the middle of typing or just sitting there. THe service department was great with advice and support.

2. kripa

kripa 2D animator -intermediate

That's not a bad idea, so far I've just been resting the tablet against the edge of a table or desk when using it in my lap in portrait mode, but having a strap like you described would probably be much more comfortable. If you end up designing this strap it'd be really great if you wanted to post a pic so we could see how it works. (After you've finished your 3d animation project, of course.):eek:

3. Vertrucio

Vertrucio Pen Pal - Newbie

Didn't want to create a new thread, but I just ordered mine, they said it'd arrive on the 31st.

I am so excited, I had one laptop before, but it was big, clunky, and didn't have the features I needed. This is the first one I customized for myself and this particular model combines damn near everything I need.

I have the tablet functionality, useful for digital drawing and painting wherever I go. It has a decent, but not too powerful 3D card that I can use for both moderate gaming and 3D modeling/animation. And since I can combine art and games, I can speed up the process of creating game content.

My only problem is that I ordered it too late, I should have ordered two weeks ago so I could have it right now for all these projects I'm working on.

4. Slawek

Slawek My new laptop smoking you

Before I got my tablet I used to post on this forum everday. Now I've only had like 3 posts ever since I've gotten it. I have no complaints at all. Well, except one. I wish there was an option to "disable touchpad when typing" because I would be just typing normaly, and my palm would touch the pad moving the cursor accross the screen. That is my only annoyance. No overheating even running intensive apps.

5. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. Slawek

Thanks nikecar, but I was familiar with that program. Failed to mention. I don't have it installed as I just installed ultimate a few days ago. I don't want to install that program... and who the hell wants to go back from enable/disable every minute? I hope windows implements this feature. Or I will look for a different program which does it automatically, or with a hotkey.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. Vertrucio

Vertrucio Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow, somehow the laptop did manage to get to me today, exactly on the ETA. I'm setting it up now and loading my painting programs.

Slawek, have you tried simply turning off the ability to tap the touchpad to click? I did this and while it's a tiny bit more hassle to hit the stiff C-140's touchpad button, it does mean a lot few clicks by accident.

8. Slawek

Hmm, thats a good idea. I don't use the pad too often, I usually use a mouse.

9. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

another reason I picked the tablet... i don't need a mouse, I just tap.

10. Slawek

I like using it as a normal computer sometimes, aka convertible. :) I only use the pen for notes in class, and when I'm drawing circuits. I use mine pretty much 80% laptop/19% tablet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.