Gateway C-140X Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by thaluckyspoon, Jul 4, 2007.

1. sleepy

sleepy Aerospace Engineering

Yeah it seems like it is the finger print reader.

Has anyone found a good way to change volume and such in portrait mode? I thought the 4-waynavagtion would work but it Seems dead. I can only seem to program the journal button and I can't even get that to go to the mobility center... Really its just annoying to have to clich the small volume Icon on my task bar. Thanks

2. tabletonthevista

tabletonthevista Scribbler - Standard Member

For the navigation pad, you need to press the mode button (the one closest to the pad) to switch into audio/screen settings. Up/down will adjust screen brightness and left/right will adjust volume (this varies depending on whether youre in portrait or landscape).

3. Slawek

Slawek My new laptop smoking you

I love this thing, I don't have any big gripes about it. I love everything about it. I can't see how people can find things to complaing about. ;)

My only problem is with vista and the wireless at my school. I haven't overheated yet to the point where it shuts down, but overall I am completely satisfied.

4. Slawek

I ordered my Hitachi 200gb 7200rpm Hard Drive and patriot 2x2gb ddr ram last night. I can't wait to waken up this beast! $500 poorer though. :(

5. Mikiepoo

Mikiepoo Pen Pal - Newbie

I got mine on ebay for $230, and it works great. Where are you getting yours?

6. Slawek

I got mine at newegg. $204 for the HD. $239 for the Patriot mem . I cant wait!

7. Mikiepoo

Mikiepoo Pen Pal - Newbie

:)Kudos.:eek:

8. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I see you like overpaying for things... :eek:

I will say this again to folks.. better to get 2 sticks of identical brand individual 2GB sticks than price out the 4GB (2x2GB) kit.

The 2GB PAtriot was $102, with an additional $15 rebate, so that $239 would have been $204 prior to the rebate, saving a further $30 on top of the $30 savings already...

9. Slawek

Shieza, your right. I'm trying to cancel my order. Thanks.

Edit: I guess I'm SOL. To late to call and cancel. I'm going to try tommorow morning.

10. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

and there is even cheaper than the patriot.. i myself will get the cheaper one.

There are 2GB sticks for $89 I think without a rebate and there is a 2x2GB kit for $175 too.