Gateway C-140X Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by thaluckyspoon, Jul 4, 2007.

1. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Just make sure that the notebook actually suspends in sleep mode before placing it into the bag! :)

2. tabletonthevista

tabletonthevista Scribbler - Standard Member

Oh ok! I just took off the clear cover on the Intel sticker. I don't know why it's designed for people just to remove the Core2Duo part. I intend to keep all the stickers except for that pen garage.. that one is lame. :D

Thanks for all the other responses, everyone.

3. CodeGuyJ

CodeGuyJ Pen Pal - Newbie

Perhaps someone could help me with a problem.

A lot of times when I use the pen, it registers as two strokes instead of one. So I try to draw a line and I get two lines with a slight space between them. I try to select a bit of text and it selects only the first part, then grabs and moves the selection. This causes all kinds of problems.

I never had this problem with my last tablet. I've messed with all the options that and can think of and it still happens just as much. Anyone know what's going on?

4. chriscannon

chriscannon Proud Member of the PFJ! Senior Member

sounds like you need to re-download the drivers from WACOM...

Check their website, but I think somebody said the correct version is 5.05 or something similar

5. CodeGuyJ

CodeGuyJ Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

6. Erock1982

Erock1982 Logistics Genius

WELL HERES My FIRST INKED post: its not so GREAT At my Handwriting Just y ET... How long did IT take your c-140X to LEARN your writing?

7. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

few days.. but i prefer typing most times. easier.

8. tabletonthevista

tabletonthevista Scribbler - Standard Member

Quick question.

Has anyone experience this before? I would press the power button and it would start turning on. But then it turns off after a little bit and I would have to press the power button again.

Perhaps it has to do with my settings? I set the power button to shut down and closing the lid to hibernate. I'm not sure what I did before the situation above happens. Maybe it's when I press the power to shut down and then close the lid before it's done. Can that happen? Hibernating at the point right before it shuts down and thus the next time I turn it on, it finishes shutting down? On a desktop, Windows never allows me to do that. Sometimes I accidently choose shut down or something when I really wanted to restart -- so I quickly select the desired option but Windows still keeps doing what it was doing in the first place.

EDIT: I tried repro'ing, but couldn't. It seems kind of random. Anyone with ideas? Thanks.

Also for people using OneNote: do you adjust the paper size so that it correlates to letter (althought it seems smaller than an actual letter paper)? And you tend to use it in portrait or landscape mode?

9. chriscannon

chriscannon Proud Member of the PFJ! Senior Member

I think it might be that you close the lid too soon...

If I close the lid before my laptop shuts off, it will pause the shutdown process wherever I closed it at. And when I open it up, it doesnt even lag or anything it just continues shutting down like nothing ever happened... might be happening to you.

10. sleepy

sleepy Aerospace Engineering

Wahoo Its finally Here!! I am inking this right now. It works great. Well before I post anymore.... Is there anything I should do before replacing my ram and herd drive?