Gateway C-140X Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by thaluckyspoon, Jul 4, 2007.

1. superspypig

superspypig Pen Pal - Newbie

Me too. I did not upgrade my centrino 1.83 in my freshman year, so I decide that I am going to get a new one. I saw my friends in freshman orgo was able to use mac to record the whole class without battery problems, and they can just clos the laptop up to turn it into stand by, so I decide that I am going to get big memory and let it to be stable.

2. thewhalepimp

thewhalepimp Pimp Master

My high school (IMSA) partnered up with Gateway to receive discounts on the E-155C and the E-295. I just ordered the E-295 and I'm pretty excited =D.

However, while the base price for my configuration was $1660, the total with tax came to $1750 - and i brought up what you mentioned about HP and Lenovo. His exact words were "Unfortunately, we don't offer that unless its a non-for profit organization", essentially meaning that unless the school is buying the Gateways directly, your chances of getting the tax break is somewhat slim.

In any event, I have an estimated arrival of 7/30...so a bit farther out then most of you but nonetheless a couple weeks before school starts :)

3. alucius

alucius Pen Pal - Newbie

NEW EAD!!!

I chatted with a representative. originally my EAD is JULY 26th, now changed to 22nd.

Can't wait until this baby comes home.

Slade says:
    actually the site says it is in the processing stage......it is in production currently
    Slade says:
    the web is a little behind
    Slade says:
    the EAD is 07/22/07

4. superspypig

superspypig Pen Pal - Newbie

OMG! Really can't wait!

5. djb

djb Pen Pal - Newbie

hey man, i ordered my tablet on the 5th and just realized that i could have had them knock off some money, now the sales rep is asking me to give the order number of other people that got extra discounts, so she can see what type of discounts other sales reps were giving.

i told her everything about the hp and lenovo tax waive and everything but she wants the order numbers, is there any way (i know its a lot to ask) for you to provide me with your order number for the tablet that you got a discount for

or anybody who got a discount, because my total came to $1508, and im pretty sure I would have been able to get the tax taken off if i had haggled before ordering.

i know this is a lot to ask, but i'd really appreciate the help, you can pm or email at zaki3x (at) yahoo .com

eta: 24!

6. thaluckyspoon

thaluckyspoon Scribbler - Standard Member

They didn't knock off tax persay they just took the amount of tax that was going to be on there and gave me a price cut. Trust me, they can do it... they are lying if they say they can't and I am living proof.

That is asking a little too much... sorry. Normally I would be happy to help but perhaps my rep did something he wasn't supposed to do (which could explain the hefty discounts) and I don't want to have my order altered or my rep get into trouble... sorry.

7. Iceman

Iceman Pen Pal - Newbie

alucius how did you get the new EAD from the customer service rep?

8. thaluckyspoon

Yes I am wondering the same thing. Did you just go to chat with a sales associate?

9. Perodriguez

Perodriguez Pen Pal - Newbie

Y'know, one thing I totally overlooked was its actual physical dimensions. All that's really revealed on the site is that it has a 14" wide screen monitor, which essentially means the body is about 13 inches wide (guesstimated).

I bring this up because I was shopping ebags.com for a messenger bag to keep my laptop in, and I can't really pick one out unless I know the proper size bag to get :rolleyes:
    What's everyone's take on the dimensions of the sexy C-140?

10. thaluckyspoon

I just bought a back pack for it about two hours ago. Here are the exact dimensions of the tablet (via gateway) 13.58” (W) x 11.14”(D) x 1.26” - 1.35”(H).