Gateway C-140X Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by thaluckyspoon, Jul 4, 2007.

1. thaluckyspoon

thaluckyspoon Scribbler - Standard Member

Ask them to knock off tax + the educational discount. Cite the fact that Lenovo and HP knock off tax and shipping for academic purchases. That will guarantee you more discount.

2. Iceman

Iceman Pen Pal - Newbie

This is my first tablet and in the interest of being able to enjoy it the moment I get it out if the box, what do I have to do to calibrate it and so forth the first time I start it up?

3. alucius

alucius Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered more than a week ago, EAD is July 26.

however, the order is still in processing stage... Does anybody here have their order on "manufacturing" stage?

4. thaluckyspoon

thaluckyspoon Scribbler - Standard Member

I ordered mine on the 28th of June and mine still says 'processing'. Another user posted that it would be in processing for 7 business days, building for 3 business days, then ship. If that is correct I should start the 'building' stage by tomorrow or the latest wednesday.

...that is of course if that user was correct... I guess we will find out tomorrow.

5. Nichod

Nichod Scribbler - Standard Member

Good tip. I'll see what they'll do. I should just have you call the guy and order it for me:)

One happy thing I found out in my discussion with the sales rep is that the computers still come in that wonderfully fun cow box. Always loved that.

6. apinkpony

apinkpony Scribbler - Standard Member

Oh me too. I remember long ago when I was just a kid, a friend got a cow box and me being the "techy" (not so much really, but in comparision yes) kid I got to set it up and it was soo exciting! Hah.

So 7 business days plus 3 business days for manufacturing, lets see where that puts us... (me)... at thr 16th/17th which seems pretty accurate, and then lets say it takes 4-5 business days to ship to old WA State, well darned that puts us as the 24th/25th. Well that estimate seems pretty accurate then doesnt it, sadly.

7. apinkpony

apinkpony Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey I've got a question.

On the Gottabemobile website, for the specs of the E-395M/C-140X it says "14" WXGA, 1280 x 768 ( internal ), 2048 x 1536 ( external )"

What does that extra resolution mean with the external? Does that meal it will support a high resolution external monitor... or something else? Because its under the "display" category, not the "graphics" category, so why would the external display really matter here, wouldn't it only matter like, how much the video card can support and what the resolution of the monitor can be?

8. Darak

Darak <This space for rent PST>

I assume that the 2048x1536 is the limit of the graphics card's resolution.

9. Sven

Sven Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey there. I've been lurking around here for a few days and figured I should probably join now. On the 5th, I ordered the C-140x (only upgraded were to a 120 gb hdd and 2gb ram and 3 year warranty) and my ETA is the 24th also. Can't wait to get it. I love reading about how to use them, this will be my first tablet and i'm super pumped now to get it. The main reason I switched to a tablet is because I will be a freshman at Michigan Tech next year and figured it would be good to have. So thanks for allowing me to join you!

10. lyl

lyl o_0

Welcome, Sven!

I too will will be switching to tablet for college, and am very excited. Its a requirement to have a tablet at Virginia Tech (where I will be transfering to next year), but I probably would have gotten one anyway because I held out on getting a laptop for my freshman year. Im super excited about the C-140X and again welcome to the forums, I look forward to sharing related stores/info :)