Gaming on the TX2500 - My Review

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by kristhagreat, Jul 13, 2008.

1. ilya11naza

ilya11naza Pen Pal - Newbie

I really enjoyed the Rise of Nations rts, you might want to check it out unless you have something against 2d graphics. Rise of Legends is a 3d sequel, but I heard that it doesn't run as well nor play as good.

2. kristhagreat

kristhagreat Pen Pal - Newbie

I still play RE4 with the bloom mod it still runs good. I don't see a point in waisting hours getting the environmental pack to work when the bloom mod makes the whole game seem brand new.

3. drubru

drubru Pen Pal - Newbie

Yea I just bought a tx2z online this morning - super effing excited to get it. I'm getting a 2.4GHz processor with 8Gb of RAM any reason it won't run these games better? I heard somewhere that some games run better with a slower processor but I don't know. And how's the touch screen with/without pen for strategy games like Warcraft or Age of Empires?

4. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

Most of the problems with older games typically arise due to lack of support from the newer graphics cards and drivers. Some of my really old games run better on older hardware than they do on the newer faster ones. but, in any case speaking of Age of Empires, I usually prefer the mouse over the pen input, maybe its because I'm more used to using the mouse and it feels more natural but if you can adopt to using the pen I dont see any issues, it works well for the most part however calibration seems to suffer a bit since most games run at a lower resolution than the native WXGA.

5. Cassandra022

Cassandra022 Pen Pal - Newbie

hey guys, im really itching to play some Sims 3 on my tx2500...possible or pipe dream?

6. AndreR

AndreR Scribbler - Standard Member

What CL (case-latency) do you have on your 4Gb memory? And is it 200-pins?

7. Jang

Jang Pen Pal - Newbie

is it possible to run street fighter 4 with this tablet pc? has anyone tried it yet?

8. pechorin

pechorin Pen Pal - Newbie

it is perfectly playable

9. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

so you're saying the 800 mhz and low latency ram actually boosts graphics power?

must-update-system o_O
    -Tyler

also does anyone think that modern warfare 2 will be playable?

10. de Souza

de Souza Pen Pal - Newbie

I think he meant going from single channel (3gb) to dual channel (4gb) memory access (needs two identical modules). Probably the stock memory was already 800mhz, but lower latency should help as well.

It boosts graphics power because the GPU uses the system memory as video memory. So, faster RAM = better graphics performance.