Gaming on the TX2500 - My Review

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by kristhagreat, Jul 13, 2008.

1. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey Kris,

Lost planet at low settings is running pretty good, but the biggest improvement I got was plugging in me 360 gamepad... felt really sluggish with the mouse, but feels good with the pad... wierd.

As for settings, 720x480 res with everything on low except textures, those medium, and concurrent operations enabled and set to 2 (apparently this enables dual core support on the cpu) I get 35-45 averages in the performance test, and so far the game is running ok. Definitely worth the $5 ha. And, doesn't look terrible. Will continue to tweak it a bit though.

2. ilya11naza

ilya11naza Pen Pal - Newbie

Anybody try the new Warhammer?

3. ilya11naza

ilya11naza Pen Pal - Newbie

Just played some Stalker: Clear Sky again. The game seems to run quite a bit after I installed the newest Ati drivers. Judging with the naked eye alone, I would say it's at least a 30% improvement, probably more.

4. Pyro9219

Pyro9219 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just wanted to toss in my pocket change for gaming. After a bunch of reading I've done a few things that have made by far the largest improvement in gaming on my tx2500.

1. Disabled Windows Search (Vista Ultimate x64)
    2. Replaced the 3gb stock with 4gb to gain DDR.

I went from 3.7 for gaming graphics to 4.0 (my lowest score in WEI), and my FPS has risen 10-15FPS in every game I've tried. I now get 40+ FPS in Guild Wars (crowded cities) and 50+ in the adventuring area's with maxed settings and resolution, as well as 30+FPS(40's when no air strikes) - even better is a smooth experience - while playing BF2142 with medium all settings and 1024x768.

5. hfernandes

hfernandes Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone. Need help.

I bought a HP DV5-1140BR to work and play O?NLY CS 1.6 (expeting no fps drops).

AMD 780G Chipset with ATI Radeon™ HD 3200 Graphics

However, the fps do not stick in 100fps. If I drop a smoke granade and walk thru it, my fps drops to 20/30 ! Resolution 1280x800 at 16bits color. I tried 800x600 and fps drops to 30/40. Tried to change beetwen opengl and direct3D with same results.

Play crysis at low ??? Are you guys kidding me ? I cant even play CS 1.6 ! What is happening here ??

I tried drivers 8.12 and 9.3 from ATI page and 8.53 from HPs website. Same result.

Can you help me ? Please ...

Could be the power supply?
    Adaptador A/C 65W AC adapter

Notebook:
    AMD Turion X2 RM-70 2Ghz
    3GB RAM DDR2 800Mhz
    HD 250GB 5400rpm
    VGA AMD 780G Chipset with ATI Radeon™ HD 3200 Graphics
    Adaptador A/C 65W AC adapter
    WINDOWS VISTA 32bit
    [​IMG]

6. cloudnine

cloudnine Scribbler - Standard Member

Try setting the smoke effects in the console command to a lower quality.

Hit "~" and type in "fastsprites 2"

I've tested The Last Remnant for the PC, runs pretty good @ 800x480 resolution, medium textures, and lighting effects turned off (very CPU intensive). It doesn't look as good as the 360 version, but the fact that it has Japanese voiceovers makes it supremely better. I'll upload screenshots if anyone is interested.

7. htoole21

htoole21 Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't have the tx2500 but the new tx2z..

with 2.2GHz and 3GB RAM. Also with the ATI Radeon HD 3200.

Anyone know if I could run RE4 and Morrowind maxed out? And how good could I run Oblivion.

Also what are some great RTSs?

You can message me if you'd like.

8. cloudnine

cloudnine Scribbler - Standard Member

Runs RE4 just fine, but if you try to use the texture patch and environment mod, the game does bog down at high resolutions.

Morrowing should run at max. Oblivion at low to medium settings.

9. htoole21

htoole21 Pen Pal - Newbie

What are some good RTSs that run well on it?

Halo Wars?

10. Robtang

Robtang Scribbler - Standard Member

Halo wars is a xbox 360 game.

The classics are always good, Total Annihilation + Starcraft, might be hard to find a copy but rts havn't really moved on from them much.

Little more modern, Any of the Total war series (not the new one), Rise of Legends should be fine.

maybe try Supreme Command, Company of Heros and world in conflict but im not sure how they will run.

oh and the C&C Series should be good as its never been too system taxing.