Gaming on the TX2500 - My Review

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by kristhagreat, Jul 13, 2008.

1. toibry

toibry Pen Pal - Newbie

how do you know if a game setting require CPU more than RAM or the Opposite

we need to definition games different setting

2. Lasphere

Lasphere Pen Pal - Newbie

Yop, I haven't tried it on a vista computer but it should work on all (properly better on vista) windows computers. It very simpel, turn on you game, and the jump back to windows (without closing the game), or if you have steam, open it first. Then open task-manager and go to processes and close the one called explorer.exe. This will close the design-part of windows, and should free some RAM. Windows will still work as good as before, but there will be no folders no start-menu ect. then CTRL+TAB back into the game, and enjoy having more ram than before. When you want the design-part back again, simply reopen task-manager (ctrl-alt-delete) and go to file > new task (run...) and type in "explore.exe". this will 'reboot' the design, and you ready to go! :)

please note that I have only used this method on my XP computer. So im not sure without how well it works on vista, but I can assure you that it will not damage the computer or vista. :)

just my 2cents. :)

3. aspirina

aspirina Pen Pal - Newbie

I've Tried Age Of Empires 3 With All High Runs Around 20 Fps

And Bunout Paradise Runs Great At Medium Setings At 60 Fps

4. arthursantossp

arthursantossp Pen Pal - Newbie

Mirror´s Edge on vista runs pretty good and playable with 720x480 resolution and texture/graphics set both to LOW, with Windows 7 I can get 800x480 resolution and texture/graphics set both to MEDIUM..

CoD World at Wars with vista is playable but you have to set some console commands to get good FPS, with Windows 7 is fully playable with 720x480 resolution, texture on high and everything ON or YES, except shadows...

Need for Speed Carbon runs on windows 7 with 800x600 resolution and all settings / texture on HIGH or ON... More resoltion is possible, but you have to turn some features off...

5. kristhagreat

kristhagreat Pen Pal - Newbie

Hate to sound like a nub but is installing windows 7 really worth it? Is there a way I can keep all my files and get Windows 7?

6. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

I didn't have much luck with Burnout Paradise...and that was on low. Specifically installed it based on this post, but was very disappointed with performance... anybody else try it or did I just screw something up?

As for Windows 7, I had it installed on a separate partition for a while, installed fairly easily, but had a few compatibility issues with and decided I'd just wait for a final release. Nice operating system though, and look forward to it!

7. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

Ok, just wanted to try it again to make sure... but, Burnout Paradise does NOT run on my machine at medium settings at 60FPS... With everything on low, and 800x600 res (lowest allowed), i get 40ish by myself, but as soon as I start driving around, it will skip all around from 45 down to 12 or so and all in between, and makes driving very frustrating. This is in single player, and I can only imagine that multiplayer would be worse. Would love to hear if it's possible with a tweak or something I don't know about, but it does NOT run on my machine as mentioned above.

8. skewmarr

skewmarr Pen Pal - Newbie

hello, this is my first post in tabletpc's forums, but i received my tx2500 as a gift some 3 weeks ago and can't get over how awesome it is to have a tablet bundled with "competitive" pc resources :) i've been playing fallout 3 with 2ghz and 4gb ram with some slowdowns, but the feedback using my logitech dual action controller make the jitters quite bearable. i'm also able to play company of heroes and homeworld 2 at native res without any significant trouble. overall no regrets, kudos to ATI for making quite the resilient gpu in the 2300 :) so happy with this little device.

9. feerof

feerof Pen Pal - Newbie

full resolution? how are the frame rates?

10. kristhagreat

kristhagreat Pen Pal - Newbie

I can run it on full 1280x800. There is sometimes slow-down when a lot of zombies are attacking you. Other than that it's smooth. Since lost planet is only 5 bucks this week on steam I downloaded it and I am currently tinkering with the graphics settings. Right now it's playable but feels sluggish.