Galaxy Z Fold 3

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by nyb72, Feb 27, 2021.

?

Will DStrauss keep his Fold3?

1. Yes, the companion device unicorn exists!

13 vote(s)
    81.3%
  2. No, he eventually goes back to the walled garden...

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. desertlap

desertlap Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I think you will be pleased. It's far from perfect and definitely needs to go to weight watchers, but it's s superb productivity device. I'm really liking mine.

nyb72, dstrauss and nnthemperor like this.
  2. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

True, that's the best I can come up with. Can't claim it'll pay for itself. Unless our dear learned comrades would be kind enough to convince me if any connection between the ZF3 and a university classroom

Sent from my SM-N975C using Tapatalk

3. nnthemperor

Thanks. I still think it's too narrow, folded and unfolded, for my liking, but I'll see if it can be a great consolidation of my GN10+ and GTab A 8 w/S pen (2019).
    I'll still keep my Duo 1 (whenever I eventually receive it). The 20mins experience with my Google books legal thriller library on it was otherworldly.

Sent from my SM-N975C using Tapatalk

nyb72 and Bishop like this.
  4. nyb72

nyb72 Scribbler - Standard Member

That's a great price. That might be just as much for a trade-in for the next Fold.

nnthemperor and dstrauss like this.
  5. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

How many times do I have to tell all you folks - there is NOTHING better than a good rationalization:

nnthemperor, Tams, nyb72 and 2 others like this.
  6. nyb72

nyb72 Scribbler - Standard Member

Looks like I'm keeping the Spigen Pen case as I haven't switched it out so far.

I think the Spigen case also confirms an epiphany I've realized with the Fold... that to have a one device solution, it needs to be an effective phone first. And having a cover screen that isn't covered with a flap case is essential to my usage of communication tech. I mean, it's a subtle thing, but taking the Fold out of my pocket, one handed, and immediately being able to look at my screen is an underrated convenience after ditching the Samsung pen case.

Along that thought, after playing around with a Duo2 demo, I just think, for me, it would only be a companion device because of it's 'closed book' design. And eventually my companion devices all end up in the drawer because I tire of carrying them with my phone.

violajack and dstrauss like this.
  7. desertlap

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    nyb72, dstrauss and nnthemperor like this.
  8. nnthemperor

Wasn't that the El cheapo @dstrauss tried out for a while? Looks like it interferes both with wireless charging and laying the device flat to ink.

Sent from my SCV43-u using Tapatalk

dstrauss likes this.
  9. nnthemperor

I leaning towards something like this, but will wait till my device actually arrives.

Araree Galaxy Z Fold 3 5G with Pen Holder & Hinge Guard NUKIN 360 Clear Case [Official Samsung Certified, 360° Protection to Hinges, Polycarbonate Hard Case, Camera Protection Design, Galaxy Patent] NUKIN 360 Clear AR21942GZFD3 https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B09FP4HHZS/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_Y59DKRHR40G2DZEKWGF0

Sent from my SCV43-u using Tapatalk

dstrauss likes this.
  10. desertlap

@nnthemperor I'm not sure, it might be. Not having wireless charging is a non issue for me, but OTOH I'm not sure on laying flat.

It's cheap enough, that I might take it and a couple other cheap ones I've come across and see what I can hack together.

Who knew that a phone like this would be so challenging to get a case for. The case you link to does look interesting.

dstrauss and nnthemperor like this.