Galaxy Z Fold 3

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by nyb72, Feb 27, 2021.

1. desertlap

desertlap Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

@nyb72
    Yes but... I don't know if you handled the Fold 2, but it's miles ahead of the original fold.

Secondly we've already heard the Fold 3 will have "the best S-Pen ever". And at least in theory adding the EMR hardware should make it more rugged with more physical "support" so to speak

darkmagistric and nyb72 like this.
  2. nyb72

nyb72 Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, I've already mentally prepared myself for a $2500-$3000 price point just to prevent shellshock, but I'm hoping it's around $2200. But that was my exact justification that it would replace phone and computing device combined.

Yes, I'm one of those weirdos that derives great pleasure from not having to travel with a laptop (or even a backpack) on overnight trips.

darkmagistric and desertlap like this.
  3. desertlap

Me as well. Much less so since the pandemic, but it's common for me to go onsite at a customer and end up having last minute to spend the night away from home for various reasons.

4. nyb72

Yeah, they got me right there, I'm absolutely in their demographic, and it feels good to see that they know.

Aside from the unencumbered travel benefits, being able to take this out of my pocket and do real work (real work meaning requiring more screen space)... now I can get more things done at random times, like waiting in line. It gives me more moments at home not to have to do work, and that is well worth the price of admission.

nnthemperor likes this.
  5. nyb72

That's what I hold my hope on.

Any hints on the dimensions? Having handled the Fold2 while we're at it, it almost feels like the front screen needs to be wider for a better typing experience. If they made it wider but thinner overall, that would feel like the dimensional sweet spot to me.

nnthemperor likes this.
  6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Is the Playboy mansion one of your customers?:vbbiggrin:

nyb72, desertlap and nnthemperor like this.
  7. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

(. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)

Sent from my SM-P205 using Tapatalk

8. nyb72

Any thoughts to downsides of getting a Fold 2 via Samsung's 100 day trial while waiting for Fold 3 (aside from risk of losing money from breaking it?)

9. desertlap

@nyb72 The only downside I see is the price, which nice as the Fold 2 is, is still steep.

The open question I have is how lenient Samsung will be with wear and tear. Using a phone for 4 or 5 days is one thing and if you are careful it will still look more or less new.

OTOH I guarantee after 80 plus days of real world use, there is going to be at least some cosmetic wear and tear on any device

nnthemperor likes this.
  10. nyb72

Yes, from what I gather is that they are using their trade-in terms and conditions to ascertain the return value. Also, it seems they reimburse you with the trade-in value in the form of a Samsung "gift card" and the rest of the difference from trial purchase price is sent back to your original payment. So yeah, they can dock you based on condition it seems, unless I'm reading it wrong.

nnthemperor likes this.