Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (2020)

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by Cuberdon75, Feb 27, 2020.

1. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

So...I just purchased a Tab S6 lite. I didn't really buy it for art, rather to use it as a external monitor using the SuperDisplayApp everyone is raving about. 1 day in and I am glad to report SuperDisplay works just as well as Apple's Sidecar. After so many attempts at using Duet Display and other similar android apps to less then desirable outcomes, this app has won me over. Even with the S6 Lite's USB-C 2.0 Port, and the included USB-A to USB-C cable, it works pretty darn well. The tablet itself is fine, even though its for more budget oriented, then performance, it seems speedy and Clip Studio runs well enough on it to my liking.

So my main goal is to use it in conjunction with my Hp Zbook X2 and Asus Zen Touch USB-C Monitor to create a mobile triple monitor set up. The Zbook can easily support another full USB monitor on its own, but most every USB-C monitor is in the 15inch range, and fitting a dual monitor setup on a table at a coffee shop is difficult enough. So I'm trying to jury rig a 3 monitor solution in the physical space of a dual monitor. The Tab S6' lites price and slim size made it ideal for this purpose. Now its just a matter how figuring out how to to jury rig the S6 lite on top of the zBook.

nyb72 likes this.
  2. nyb72

nyb72 Scribbler - Standard Member

Welcome to the club!
    I've still been using the Tab S6 with my gaming laptop.
    What I still haven't settled upon is using Superdisplay in extended or duplicated display mode. I'm sure that sounds odd, but sometimes it's just convenient for me to work straight off the main display with stylus.

3. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Where did you order it from?

Sent from my SM-N975C using Tapatalk

4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Amazon.co.jp
    Sent from Hong Kong.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

nnthemperor likes this.
  5. desertlap

desertlap Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

We have a customer in Malaysia that just bought 100 of the S6 Lite. We think it most definitely is the "best bang for the buck" tablet in Samsung's line up.

And as to the display, "even though is just a LCD..." instead of OLED, the reality is that it is a terrific one and is virtually 100% accurate, calibration wise, right out of the box.

6. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Barley had the S6 lite for a week, and I concur it has a very nice looking screen. Despite the larger screen and keyboard/kickstand accessories, I really don't see much merit in getting the S7 or S7+ in lieu of the 6 lite.

The only thing I'm not digging is the aspect ratio. I hate how from S3 to S4 to S6/S7 they jumped the whole way from 3:4 to 16:10 to 16:9. If they had stuck with 3/4's I'd be in heaven.

7. desertlap

@darkmagistric FWIW I agree with you and I've asked if they ever intend to produce a tablet with a 3:2 aspect ratio (the Tab S3 was the last)

Never say never with Samsung, but the last time I asked, they told me the 16:10 of current models is what they think is the best compromise between productivity and media consumption. Outside of the US ands especially in their home country, watching video is almost the primary use of tablets.

I still have an 8 inch tab S3 which still works though the battery lasts about 12 minutes...

nnthemperor likes this.
  8. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Scribbler - Standard Member

FYI Android 11 is now available to download for the S6 lite, along with a OneUI update and...DEX!

desertlap likes this.
  9. desertlap

I'm curious how Dex performs specifically. We don't have the unit we tested any more, but Dex was a bit laggy in the beta we had tried on the regular S6

10. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Scribbler - Standard Member

It works very fluidly, though I have yet to find a use for it.

desertlap likes this.