Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (2020)

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by Cuberdon75, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

It's that goddamn AMOLED... I'm weak to its powers...

2. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Dude, just suck it up and start saving for the Tab S7+. :p

We all know where this is ending...when you get that S6, you'll start looking for deals for the S7+, then start convincing yourself how "for only $200 more", you can get 9ms response time, and 120Hz on an "even better OLED!" :D

3. Shogmaster

That would be the logical conclusion, BUT.... I already have 15" CSP machine if I'm after sheer size. And I really want an ultraportable CSP machine I can take around. 12.3" feels too big for that.

Also, I'm not big on faster than 60Hz refresh when I'm drawing. You'd think I'd be all over that with the speed I like to sketch, but I only care about refresh rate in games where I control the camera. Static camera situations like for drawing canvas? I don't care about refresh that much. I also trust what my hand does when I draw, so I don't have to watch pixels change under my pen as I make marks with the pen, because I'm not an f'm NEWB. 9ms latency? Might as well get excited over 8000 levels of pen pressure (hint: 128 levels of OG UD EMR was point of diminishing returns, and same goes for 50ms latency on previous S-pnes)

But at the end of the day, I'm super cheap ass... And I don't feel that spending almost $1000 on an Android tablet is my thang. Goes against my DNA...

Marty likes this.
  4. Shogmaster

My S6 just arrived. Comparing it with S6 Lite for artists:

Cuberdon75 likes this.
  5. Shogmaster

So I tried opening some of my more complex CSP files in S6 Lite. Wow. I guess 4GB is enough for most of my work!

darkmagistric likes this.
  6. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I've always found Clip Studio to be quite workable with low ram. Both my 4GB Galaxy Book 10.6 and my 3GB Ipad Mini 5 can handle most any clip studio file I can throw at it.

I do wonder though if the overall speed/performance on the Android/iOS builds is more of a result of them having to rebuilt the app from ground up.

7. Shogmaster

Dunno, but I fired up Helix 2 with 5Y10 (2GHz turbo) and it feels like molasses in comparison in CSP. I had forgotten how bad that CPU was... I have another Helix 2 with 5Y71 (2.6GHz turbo) and that's much more usable, but still laggy compared to even the S6 Lite let alone regular Tab S6!

8. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

FYI, there may be some exceptional deals floating around on this unit at Walmart. I was in our neighborhood store and they had a couple for sale for $249. I almost bought one on pure impulse... My daughter says she also saw one for $279 (which is still great deal) at one of our local dealers.

Neither includes the book cover however like the Costco deal.