Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (2020)

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by Cuberdon75, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Scribbler - Standard Member

Since you're using a Chrome tablet, and if I remember correctly you know your way around stylus technologies, I'd be curious to know what you think about the upcoming Lenovo Chromebook Duet. Not only is it very cheap ($279 incl keyboard) but it's USI stylus compatible.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Duet-Chromebook-10.456370.0.html

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

2. jedah

jedah Pen Pal - Newbie

Any thoughts on the benefit of this over an entry level iPad?

I do have a soft spot for Samsung tablets as the OG Note 10.1 was my 1st tablet that I used to draw on, and it was awesome for me at the time. But, that was nearly a decade ago, and iPad's art app ecosystem has long surpassed Android's. Artflow was pretty good when I tried it years ago, but not sure it has improved to the point where it's as good as Procreate.

Primary benefit offhand to me is Wacom EMR, and not having to buy an extra stylus. But, I'm guessing people could find a used 1st gen Apple Pencil.

3. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

The Helio P60 is weaker than Exynos 9611 and there is a chance that S6 Lite using something better than eMMC 5.1 in the Lenovo...

But the nail in the coffin for me is the USI pen compatibility is an immediate no go. No gracias.... You can't compare the best active pen tech with the absolute worst...

https://news.lenovo.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Duet-Chromebook_Datasheet-1.pdf

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  4. Shogmaster

The two best apps on Android I found, Painter and Ibispaint, pales in comparison to the one two punch of Procreate and Clip Studio Paint on iPadOS... I do prefer Wacom EMR over Apple Pencils, but they are close enough that the app selection makes it an easy choice for artists.

If the world existed without Windows tablets/2in1s, I would be iPad Pros right now to get my Clip Studio Paint fix. But bc I have my Windows 2in1s and tablets for CSP, I do use Chrome OS and Android devices, making do with Ibiapaint and Painter on my Android phone and Chrome tablet.

5. jedah

jedah Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks. I didn't quite think about it from the point of view of the devices one already has.

Another questions, since you have a Chrome tablet w/ EMR. Does running an Android art app on Chrome add any weirdness to the drawing experience vs running an art app natively on an Android tablet? I tried out Infinite Painter on a Pixelbook awhile back, and the digitizer was okay, but a bit laggy and wobbly. But, I'm not sure if it was b/c Chrome does that.. or if it was b/c the Pixelbook uses a form of Wacom AES. If the drawing experience is equal, then I also wonder if a Samsung Chromebok v2 w/ Core M3 (on sale or used) should also be a consideration against this tablet.

WillAdams likes this.
  6. Shogmaster

The wobbliness was AES digitizer. EMR one in the Acer is rock solid while using Painter. With more CPU power, Acer would be great with Painter.

WillAdams likes this.
  7. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Scribbler - Standard Member

WillAdams likes this.
  8. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

9. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

When you say painter, are you referring to Corel's mobile app, or infinite painter? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brakefield.painter&hl=en_CA
    If you haven't tried Infinite Painter yet, (its a shameless procreate rip off in UI and features) you should give it a go. It is IMO vastly superior to any other painting app on android and I have tried them all lots. The amount of useful tools and crazy customizable brushes shortcut mapping etc is pretty robust, and I find it lays marks smoother than other apps too even in large files, though I am using a Note 10+ so maybe that's just hardware related, though even my aging notepro prefers it for performance. Given its similarity to procreate you would feel right at home pretty fast I would imagine. It's not gonna be as good as procreate obviously, but I personally think it beats out the other competition in Android with ease. Their harmony "sketchy brush" is so unique and fun to hash out ideas with its worth it alone just to try. Subjective of course...
    here's some random crappy (don't judge the app by these quick doodles!) sketches from my note 10+ from recent:

inky-sketches-O1WEB.jpg
    Painted-faceWEB.jpg
    inky-sketches-03WEB.jpg
    Inky-Sketches-02WEB.jpg
    DOODLESWEB.jpg

hiramkey, Shogmaster and Cuberdon75 like this.
  10. Shogmaster

I meant Infinite Painter. I don't think Corel Painter can ever be made to run on ARM without ground up rewrite. That stupid thing barely runs well on my 4GHz Core i7 laptop, burning through the battery in couple of hours and making the laptop hot as hell.

stoneseeker likes this.