Galaxy Note 20 and 20 Ultra

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by dstrauss, Aug 12, 2020.

1. dellaster

dellaster Non-Creative Plebe Senior Member

Okay, according to the Anandtech quick-take, for telephoto the Note 20 uses a 64MP sensor and 76° wide angle lens, then crops to produce the desired “zoom”. F/2.0, OIS.

The Ultra has a fixed 5x (24°) periscope/prism lens (it doesn’t physically zoom) so that the bump isn’t as big as it would be with a traditional 5x lens. F/3.0, OIS. The sensor is 16MP.

Only the Ultra is tempting, camera-wise. But the price is higher than I’m currently willing to pay for a smartphone.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/15943/samsung-announces-note-20-note-20-ultra

2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Thanks Ted, this explains a lot. If you can make do with the 128gb Ultra, the iPhone 11 Pro gets you a $650 discount and a $150 reward credit. That gets you to about $500 after taking a refund of the $150 credit. I have a screen cap of my chat with Samsung telling me I can use my $200 credit ($50 bucks for "reservation" in July) as a refund 15 days after delivery of the GN20u (return period?)

3. dellaster

dellaster Non-Creative Plebe Senior Member

@dstrauss Thanks, Dale. I think I’ll hold off on any new smartphone. I’ll be done traveling by late September or so and won’t use it much through next spring. It can wait.

Besides, it’s a real pain to get orders and arrange trades when everything needs to go through my mail service in Nevada then re-sent general delivery to a post office along my route—often nowadays requiring me to sign up at said post office ahead of time or they bounce the package. :mad:

4. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

The price to pay for footloose and fancy free my friend!

dellaster likes this.
  5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Gladly pay that price.:newpalm:

dstrauss and dellaster like this.