Galaxy Note 20 and 20 Ultra

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by dstrauss, Aug 12, 2020.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

CALLING ALL GALAXY NOTE 20 OWNERS (or soon to be owners)!

Come join a wide ranging discussion of using your Galaxy Note 20, or for that matter tips and tricks of ANY Note user, as a tablet/2-in-1 companion device.

I'm going to be a convert from iPhone 11 Pro/iPad Pro to a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra as part of this process, but since I'm pairing it with my newest computing love, a Galaxy Book Flex 13 (despite its 8gb ram limit), I'm hoping this will be more fun/productive than frustrating - yeah right, it's Strauss I'm talking about.

Anyway, mine is on a slow train until 9/9 (waited a week to pull the rigger on my trade-in plus discount offers, so delivery slipped three weeks).

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  2. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Really like my Galaxy Note 10+ --- Nebo works well, and it's nice to have the precision of a stylus at need.

alaskajoel, djas and dstrauss like this.
  3. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Had the rumor of a periscope zoom come to pass I would be joining you. It’s tempting nevertheless, with that decent iPhone 11 Pro trade-in, but not quite enough this time around.

4. dstrauss

I think the Ultra 5x optical zoom is a periscope zoom - why they didn't go full 1ox optical, I don't know - but that is the excuse for the massive camera bump...

5. dellaster

Not as far as I can see from the reviews & Samsung site. Straight 3x or 5x optical with “AI” (digital) zoom to 50x. Which is an improvement on the 11 Pro but not quite enough to move me from iOS this time.

I’m still holding out on a faint hope that the 5.4 inch iPhone 12 will have a telephoto at 3X instead of a groupie wide angle for a second lens. I’ve taken exactly 2 photos at superwide angle on my 11 Pro that I consider keepers; it’s just not useful to me. It’s for social group shots: kids’ parties, weddings, beer halls and special situations like street corners or cloudscapes:

EA8E3AFB-0A56-4A11-8153-A553449ACAEC.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    Mesosphere and dstrauss like this.
  6. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Wow, how did my Note 9 suddenly become 11 versions out of date? I got it on eBay but...

dstrauss and dellaster like this.
  7. dstrauss

That's an awesome picture Ted - and jealousy to the max for this office drone with this view...

IMG_3005.jpg

dellaster likes this.
  8. dellaster

Glad to see that they’re letting folks back to work in your part of Texas. Or is that an archived shot?

9. dstrauss

Yes, we've been back since mid-May; and unfortunately that was taken right when I replied...:(

10. dellaster

Oh, I misunderstood one of your posts a couple of weeks ago, then. Nice rooftop photo, anyway. It captures the endless flatness quality of west Texas. :thumbsup:

dstrauss likes this.