Galaxy Note 10?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Eltos, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Eltos

Eltos Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey so I am getting rid of all my Apple stuff over the CSAM stuff. Already got a deal on an SP7, now I need an Android phone and watch:

Was looking at the Galaxy Note 10 (samsung notes between PC and phone) and the Galaxy Active 2 Watch.

Will this combo work for the next two years or so?

Thanks!

2. dellaster

dellaster “Content Consuming Child” Senior Member

I don't see why not. As long as you've researched the relative functionality and apps to be sure that setup will do the job for you.

The S Pen is a big bonus. The watch won't measure up to a recent Apple Watch, depending on what you need from it; Watch 4 will have more parity. A Note 10 plus Surface 7 should be a nice combo with all that Samsung and Microsoft are doing to make Android play nice with Windows.

Maybe someone with actual experience with those devices can chime in.

Good luck!

Eltos likes this.
  3. Eltos

Eltos Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you, going for it!

dellaster likes this.
  4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

If I was getting a Note 10 now to last 2 years, I would probably be looking for a Note 10+ 5G. My 2 year old Note 10 still has sufficient power to go for a couple of days between charging, depending on your use. On a recent trip, I forgot to bring along my USB to USB-C adapter and it was fine for all day use on the road as GPS and music streamer. I even fit in a couple of calls.

I don't use a "smart watch" so I can't tell you about that. I can tell you that the Note 10 interfaces perfectly with my Go2 using Microsoft's My Phone App., so it should be perfect for your Surface Pro 7.

Eltos likes this.
  5. Bishop

Bishop Keeper of Odd Knowledge Senior Member

Just be aware that VERY few existing watches will run Google's WearOS 3, if that matters to you.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    Eltos likes this.
  6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

People keep devices for more than one year? Amazing...:cool:

nyb72, DRTigerlilly, Bronsky and 3 others like this.
  7. Eltos

Eltos Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the input. I decided that I really don't miss a stylus on my phone and came across an xda developers article on sammy, so I preordered the Google Pixel 5a and will still get the Active2. I appreciate the posts. The SP7 pen tech seems pretty solid so far, I am quite impressed coming from a regular ipad and first gen apple pencil. (I had an SP3 and it wasn't too bad even back then--just the line issues.)

dellaster likes this.