Galaxy Note 10.1 lovely for sketching :)

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by latinvixen, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmenice

cmenice Scribbler - Standard Member

I really like ArtFlow if you don't need higher resolution canvases. The developer has been responsive and fairly quick with updates. The app has a higher resolution canvas in the works.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2

2. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

Had not heard of this app before. Care to share a link? Can't find it on the play store.

I kinda prefer Sketchbook Pro over layerpaint. Infinite Painter had some fun features and an awesome blending engine. But I haven't dune any serious doodle on it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

3. Wolfskin75

Wolfskin75 Pen Pal - Newbie

artflow

Thanks for the tips guys. I am going to buy Skecth book pro and Layer paint.

My Second question, is how do organize you work? I would love a good sketchbook type app. IF ONLY I could develop them.
    I found another app that looks promising. Quill

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. cmenice

I'm not affiliated with the developers. I did pay for the Pro version which is $4.99.

Artflow in Play Store

Try the free version for a while to see how you like it. Also, these guys opened up a beta version with hi-res canvas just today. They say the beta is buggy, but it's progress towards a higher res canvas.

5. cleft

cleft Scribbler - Standard Member

Thank you for the link, the app looks so nice! Too bad it's not available for the Note phone, can't wait to try it on my TPT when I get home.

Meanwhile I'd say Clover Paint is also worth a try. Apart from the daunting UI, it has almost everything one needs such as custom canvas, generous number of layers and blending modes, lasso, smudge, blur and the selling-point: hotkey implementation.

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/software/55064-clover-paint-neat-android-art-app.html

6. cmenice

In the Play Store it isn't available for Phones. I was able to download it to my phone (Note 2) via Amazon's app store. So if you really want it for your Note you can try there :)

Amazon.com: ArtFlow - Sketch, Paint, Draw: Appstore for Android

I'm not a huge fan of using Amazon's app store so I only use the free version. I prefer to keep my apps from one place aka Play Store.

7. watchdog

watchdog Scribbler - Standard Member

I would suggest looking up Lecture notes, it has a layer system which I find very useful.

8. Wolfskin75

Wolfskin75 Pen Pal - Newbie

thanks for that Watchdog!!! I bought Layer paint and I am playing around with it. I really like it so far. I can't wait to get Sketchbook Pro to compare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.