Galaxy Note 10.1 lovely for sketching :)

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by latinvixen, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. watchdog

watchdog Scribbler - Standard Member

Does anyone know where to find the transformation controls in layer paint? It's one feature I can't find.

2. cmenice

cmenice Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't think there is a transform tool. Maybe email the developer to ask for it?

3. watchdog

4. cmenice

cmenice Scribbler - Standard Member

As a quick update, I decided to return my Galaxy Note 10.1. It was useful and nice, but I'm convinced going with a Windows 8 slate is going to be a better choice. So I'm holding out another month or two to see what happens.

5. DaveOnBass

DaveOnBass Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi all, late to this party but I just picked up a Note 10.1 myself! I'm the guy that was always hemming and hawing about "tablet laptop vs cintiq vs ipad vs whatever".

I had no real plans to move on from the Cintiq 15x I had gotten last - it was inexpensive and worked very nicely - until I heard about the Note 10.1. The features I'd wanted out of an iPad from the get-go, especially a real digitizer, PLUS the OS I prefer? SOLD!

It was only about $20 difference between what I sold the Cintiq for and what I paid for the Note at Microcenter, so that's not too shabby. I love SNote and just grabbed SBP; will also probably get LayerPaint.

Have I finally found a portable tablet that won't break my fingers, my back, or the bank? It's looking that way at the moment! I know it's not One Machine To Rule Them All (i.e. T902), but for the moment I have accepted that I'll just also have a desktop PC for gaming, and both that PC and this tablet, together, were half the price of a flagship tablet laptop.

6. watchdog

I dont have the Note 10.1...yet...but it appears to be very useful for art. If you have a standard tablet PC pen, it will work on the note as well.
    The only problem right now is a lack of art apps; Sketchbook, Layer paint, Infinate painter; these are probably the best on the device (Infinate Painter is a bit too twitchy however), and they each need to be updated.

7. karnite

karnite Pen Pal - Newbie

My Note 10.1 is on the way and I wanted to know if any of you use a screen protector? If so what brands, how does it effect drawing, and how often do you have to replace them?

I've had a hard time finding suggestions on specific ones or if the need for one is real at all. So any input would be greatly appreciated!

8. Art_N00b

Art_N00b Scribbler - Standard Member

I've had my Note for a few days. Overall I like it but one con is that it really attracts and holds fingerprints more than other mobile devices I've had. Don't know why. Also, I'm not fond of drawing on the surface due the "glassy feel" although I imagine over time I would get used to it.

Anyway I have ordered some different screen protectors to try out. Found them on Amazon. I'll let you know how it turns out.

9. Wolfskin75

Wolfskin75 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have reading around. As of June of 2013 is Layer paint still the favored?

10. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Kind of.....Sketchbook Pro with its current build I think is better overall since it offers alot more features, but Layerpaint is more stable and easier to work with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.