Galaxy Book Flex2

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by ps555, Jan 30, 2021.

1. PhotoMuis

PhotoMuis Scribbler - Standard Member

Try Cyberport, very reputable tech store, and they ship out of Germany and out of EU.

https://www.cyberport.de/notebook-u...-13-3-fhd-i7-1165g7-16gb-512gb-ssd-win10.html

It says here they charge another 20 Euros on top of shipping for the customs papers and stuff that is needed for non-EU:

https://www.cyberport.de/service/kunden-international/nicht-eu-laender.html

daddyfish likes this.
  2. daddyfish

daddyfish Scribbler - Standard Member

, generally speaking, can one check for sure for laptops offered on that site if they will send a qwerty instead of qwertz model?

3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

If they are that f****** stupid to limit US ram again, I hope they don't sell a single unit here...

DRTigerlilly and twitfri like this.
  4. PhotoMuis

PhotoMuis Scribbler - Standard Member

Guess you'd have to contact customer service to ask about that for a specific model, but for the Flex2 I highly doubt if they'll offer that, since they probably only ship what they can get from Samsung, and not even the Samsung site itself offers the option of configuring it with Qwerty... I just posted that link because it is the exact same model CribCoe had wished Samsung would ship outside Germany...

daddyfish likes this.
  5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Years ago, I imported a notebook from a German computer store (Computeruniverse.de) with no problem. I had to swap out the keyboard and install Windows (7 I think) Pro to get the US English. There we a number of people who copied me but the company finally stopped shipping to the US. I think the airlines started a fuss over lithium-Pollimer batteries and the fire hazard they present on aircraft but there was no limitation on domestic shipping, so the issue was really a stupid one.

6. franzander

franzander Pen Pal - Newbie

If that's the only stumbling block, keyboard stickers are a cheap and easy solution - might not be as aesthetically pleasing, but as long as it allows you to use the device you want with the input config you prefer...
    In this direction, qwertz -> qwerty, I think there shouldn't be any problems with missing keys either (in the other direction on smaller keyboards I have noticed that US/UK laptops sometimes lack a key that would be <>| on the qwertz layout, which is a bit annoying if you want to do terminal stuff and have to switch back to US layout).

daddyfish likes this.
  7. daddyfish

daddyfish Scribbler - Standard Member

, you're right, I always forget you can change keyboard layout within Windows. :vboops:
    Has anyone tried this actually with backlightning? I am aware there are transparent keyboard stickers but those of course also would then show qwertz keys.

8. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I use an ancient but still very workable solution called, "Keytweak".

https://keytweak.en.softonic.com/

It's especially useful since I generally use a USB third party keyboard. I've remapped a bunch of keys to make my life easier. First thing I do whenever I get a new computer.