Galaxy Book and Evo plus (error!)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by SITHU LWIN, Jun 19, 2018.

1. SITHU LWIN

SITHU LWIN Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I hope I'm posting at the right place, as I really need help.
    So I got a new Galaxy Book 12" 128GB.... using for 2 weeks, no complaints.
    Today my ebay order for original Samsung Evo Plus MicroSD 128GB arrived, so I CUT my files (from c: documents) and photos and PASTED them to the MicroSD. Then immediately after, when I looked into the folders, some files are missing, and some folders are empty! I panic and tried refreshing, restarting, ejecting the card, checking the card for errors, which couldn't fix, but at certain times after repairing errors, some files appeared, some gets very duplicated (multiple music videos etc)..so I repeat the 'check errors' process..and weird different results each time..
    Anyone experienced this and how to fix? I'm getting worried as some latest files have not been backed up, although I do have most old files.... I feel they should somehow be recoverable...but no success so far.

I was going to format the card before use, but it already showed that it was already formatted in exFAT with 128GB so I assumed it was fine to use immedately.. i wish i just copied and pasted first instead of cut and paste...

Please help..thanks in advance

2. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm going to say right now you probably have a counterfeit card with either spoofed capacity or low-grade flash memory.

First use H2testw to test the capacity and for write errors. Use this process:
    1. Select “English”
    2. Click “Select target”
    3. Select your SD card’s drive letter
    4. Ensure “all available space” is selected
    5. Click “Write + Verify”
    Then check the card and packaging for signs of counterfeit:

Last thing you can try is to contact Samsung directly to verify the serial number.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  3. SITHU LWIN

SITHU LWIN Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks guys.. the eBay seller didn't reply to any of my 5 messages/emails. so eBay stepped in, i returned the card and they refunded me on seller's behalf.

i lost some files but i think I'll just buy it directly from retail shop here next time.

thatcomicsguy likes this.