Galaxy Book 12 Lives

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Bishop, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Bishop

Bishop Keeper of Odd Knowledge Senior Member

Employer still has me working from home, and my Surface Studio 2 is the daily driver. Browsers, Outlook and Teams have consumed all the screen real estate, to the detriment of OneNote.

I spent hours this weekend reviving and updating my GB 12 to serve as a dedicated OneNote digital planner at my desk. I can access the planner from my SDuo or SPX when I'm away from the desk. I will spend the month of April seeing if I can replace my physical book-based Bullet Journal.

If it works, I will be one step closer to less paper (as opposed to paperless).

2. nyb72

nyb72 Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm thinking of reviving my GB12 too. I miss it's form factor.

WillAdams likes this.
  3. Bishop

Funny you say that. I had been noticing how close it was to the SPX form factor, and how great it would be with those smaller bezels....

4. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Sounds like you need more monitors. Its a shame they only gave the Studio 2 one dinky usb-c port, but it should support up to two 4K UHD (@30Hz) or single 4K UHD (@60Hz). Take my word for it, you can never have enough monitors.

5. Bishop

I like the way you think. :D Trouble is those don't get me inking. The Studio 2 is great to pull down and do hours-long ink-based projects on, but its a pain to swivel up and down several times an hour - I've tried.

WillAdams likes this.
  6. daddyfish

daddyfish Scribbler - Standard Member

, what if you keep the Studio down for your inking needs and add some normal (or touchscreen) monitors above it for Outlook, Teams and the browsers?
    I also like to switch between desktops fast with ctrl + win + left/right arrowkeys if I work on different projects (I might even multitask that way, like switch to desktop 2 to start a compilation or render and switch back to desktop 1 to do other stuff).