G-Sensor Not Working After Fresh Install

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by JohnathanKong, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnathanKong

JohnathanKong Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey Guys,

Did a fresh install of my system. Everything works except for the G-Sensor. I installed the ATK_201 Driver. Initially I ran the x64 com, then I uninstalled and ran the install.exe. The first time when I rant the .com file, I say the G-Sensor in my system, but it had an error code 10. Next I uninstalled, and the error went away, but it was no longer in the sensors category. Also, both times it did not show up in the location and sensor area on control panel. Anyone else having issues? I am using ultimate x64.

2. JohnathanKong

So after fumbling around with the drivers for a bit, I managed to get it back to error code 10. I know there is nothing wring with the hardware because if I use the recovery, it works perfectly, but when I install the drivers from the asus site, it doesn't work. Any ideas?

3. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

U also need ATK200..ATK201 is different program ..not an update of ATK200..

4. JohnathanKong

I installed that too. Does it matter what order I did it in? I did my ATK_201 first then my ATK_200 (Hot Key Service). After that I uninstalled the ATK_201 and reinstalled.

5. CF77

Can you manually add device?

6. JohnathanKong

If you mean by adding it to the control panel->sensors section, then no. I'm sure I'm missing something, but I just don't know what it is.

7. CF77

There should be three files as driver..gsensor.dll WUDFRd.sys and wudfrdupdate_01009.dll

Another one is that the services for gsensor has been disabled..
    Also ensure you have Intel graphic manager shortcuts on.

8. JimDandy

JimDandy Scribbler - Standard Member

How about removing it in Device Manager, rebooting it, then making sure it searches for it and loads all the drivers again.

9. JohnathanKong

I was searching online, I don't know why I seem to be the only one having this issue, and found this link Clean Installing Windows on the EP121 Asus EP121 Slate PC Unofficial Blog. Apparently according to this guy, all the drivers are on windows, so all I need to do is install WLAN driver and I am good to go. I will try this next and see if this resolves my issues.

10. JohnathanKong

So after a while of working with my slate, I decided to bite the bullet and just deal with the sensor not working. When I installed windows media player, the sensor all of a sudden worked. Apparently the G-sensor needs windows media player to work. I guess this issue doesn't apply to most people, but I purchased a copy of Windows Ultimate N version which comes without media player because it was cheaper.