G senor/Accelerometer does Not Work in Games

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by jasper, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasper

jasper Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,

I have downloaded several games from Microsoft Store where you tilt your laptop left or right or backwards or forwards to move within the game. For instance; while driving a car in the game, if you wish to make a left turn then you would tilt your laptop to the left and vice versa for a right turn. You may tilt the laptop forwards and backwards to speed up or to slow down the vehicle.

Actions of tilting the laptop in any direction has any effect... the vehicle simply continues straight ahead! Has any one else noticed this? Does any one have a fix? Download a game and try for your self. Just make sure that you must use the accelerometer/ G sensor for movement.

Thank you,
    Jasper

2. Scud

Scud Pen Pal - Newbie

It doesn't need to work. Unit doesn't have accelerometer, only G-sensor, which only purpose - to rotate screen, just 4 positions. Some time ago i thinking about buying usb accel... doesn't need it, actually.

3. jasper

jasper Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello Scud,

Thank you for your reply. I did not know that EP121 did not have accelerometer. I thought G Sensor was accelerometer. So I guess there is no fix accept to buy USB Accelerometer as you suggest or simply do not play the games on Windows Store that need Accelerometer. Thank you for your assistance and unless you have a USB Accelerometer to recommend then I onside this thread CLOSED.

Respectfully,
    Jasper

4. Akime123

Akime123 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.