Future unfolding 2021

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Kumabjorn, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

So we are what, three weeks out from Samsungs yearly unpacked event (coming from Moscow I believe) and they are teasing it with "The future will unfold in a new way". Well, we hade we have horizontal as well as vertical foldable devices, so what may this new dimension involve? Scrollable screen? Didn't think they were commercially ready.

The Z Fold 3 has pretty much leaked already as seems to always be the case with Samsung. Do you think they have any surprise left inside that hangbok? I guess UI 4.0 will be the biggest surprise, and isn't it also the least leaked part from Samsung?

The we have the Watch 4, the most powerful Android wearable yet. Duh, no one is thinking they are coming out with a less powerful device than the last generation. But have they reached a level that actually makes them useful? Tested out a few in the shops, and to me they are just too cumbersome, and somewhat unreliable. What would make you buy one?

I guess there will also be the Galaxy S22 or perhaps the S21 FE/SE/LE (I can't be bothered keeping track of their silly naming conventions). Anyone excited by that? I know I'm not, but that may be the 'Rona speaking.

Tams, dstrauss, thatcomicsguy and 2 others like this.
  2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

After posting this I got to thinking (Yeah, never a good sign) and me thinks the coolest possible (maybe not the most efficient though) combination would be the Fold 3 AND a foldable external monitor. Look att Lenovo, if you leave out all the unnecessary electronics it should be possible for Sammy to produce a 13 - 15 " screen that is thin and foldable and DEXed to the Fold 3, yet fits inside a clutch (man purse?). Microsoft revives their Foldable keyboard and we are talking serious pocket computing. Especially with that new thing, Windows 365 or whatever they call it.

dstrauss and thatcomicsguy like this.
  3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I found you - the official start of the Galaxy Z Fold 3 thread that is! Thanks Kuma!

Will ask everyone to divert traffic from the "Best Companion" thread to here since tomorrow should be a watershed day!

Kumabjorn likes this.
  4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Plus the companion thread is dedicated to Apple's invasion of privacy :p

Tams, dellaster and dstrauss like this.
  5. dstrauss

Here's the spec sheet on the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Flip - :

[​IMG]

dellaster and JoeS like this.
  6. dstrauss

You KNOW they are monitoring your every post, right?

JoeS likes this.
  7. dellaster

dellaster “Content Consuming Child” Senior Member

I’ve opted for a Galaxy S21 Ultra instead (finally a good zoom!). So what I’m anticipating is the Galaxy Watch 4 (not Classic). Smartwatches solve the problem of super humongous & heavy smartphones. Or should I refer to the S21U as a svelte and lightweight tablet with telephony features? A matter of perspective. :newpalm: :thumbsup:

Bishop and dstrauss like this.
  8. dstrauss

@dellaster - you could call it Fold(less) Lite...

dellaster and Bishop like this.
  9. dstrauss

Sakitech claims this is a video of the real Galaxy Z Fold 3 (Saki is usually pretty legit) but no pen examples to prove...

10. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Maybe he couldn't get a hand on the Fold specific S-pen.

Bishop and dstrauss like this.