Full Windows 8 Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by Marty, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Hey Geth, I updated the guide to read "7 or F7". Thanks for that catch. I'll test out the VGA drivers you linked, but the modded ones already give me 3.1/4.5 for graphics. I guess the advantage is that they are official drivers, rather than modded ones.

I'm glad most of those update errors fixed themselves. Most windows update errors are caused by some small system configuration problem: like pending updates, non-synced system time, windows activation unable validate, etc.

I usually: restart, delete the Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Downloads and DataStore folder, then restart again. This will clear the update cache and sometimes fixes the errors.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  2. SpAiK

SpAiK Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi people, I've recently got an EP121. I have upgraded to Win8 and have everything working except for the gsensor. I'm having the same problem as DaviD, but I've been unnable to solve.

Apart from that I want to know how could I check the bios version I have, so I could think of upgrading it.

3. Marty

I tried these drivers out they lowered my graphics score from 3.1/4.5 to 2.5/3.1, still capable of OGL 2.1 though. Did you get full 3D performance with those drivers?

4. GFXerDave

GFXerDave Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I have done a fresh install of windows 8 pro with the modded 704 bios. Brand new Mushkin 240 ssd, 4 gigs of ram and all updates. I have tried any and all graphics drivers I can find, including the legacy drivers... I can not get my score above 2.4/3.2 - I'm keen to know what I might be doing wrong? Do I need throttlestop with "prochet" disabled to achieve the scores above 2.4?

Throttlestop is the only thing I haven't tried to date.

Any help appreciated, thank you :)

5. burhangondal

burhangondal Pen Pal - Newbie

6. Marty

You shouldn't need ThrottleStop if you have the modded bios. Did you make sure to select the "Optimized Defaults" setting in the bios?

7. mortonkd

mortonkd Pen Pal - Newbie

I did a clean install after backing up and wiping my OEM 64gb ssd clean. This tablet is night and day between Windows 7 and 8. The tablet moves much smoother now and I can navigate with just touch way easier then Windows 7. After install I have about 40gb free space. I still might upgrade to a faster hard drive in the future but I am very happy with the upgrade. Running the updated modded 704 bios.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  8. TAL333

TAL333 Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone been able to install the new Intel Win64_152815 Graphics drivers? They seem to have a lot of improvements but when I tried installing them, after it ran the assessment it reported the hardware didn't meet the minimum requirements. Is there a way to disable or bypass the assessment and just load the new drivers?

9. TAL333

TAL333 Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone been able to install the new Intel Win64_152815 Graphics drivers? They seem to have a lot of improvements but when I tried installing them, after it ran the assessment it reported the hardware didn't meet the minimum requirements. Is there a way to disable or bypass the assessment and just load the new drivers?

10. mortonkd

mortonkd Pen Pal - Newbie

I ran the Windows 7 Intel HD drivers using the tutorial on this forum and raised my WEI from 2.4 to 3.2. Its pretty easy to do as I had no idea what I was doing and still managed to pull it off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.