Fujitsu's new T90: THE most powerful TabletPC, bar none

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by AmbiDextrose, Jan 5, 2011.

1. RazzNuts

RazzNuts Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks!
    Wow, Fujitsu is really something, Bluetooth 3.0, USB 3.0 and 5 finger multi touch.

and yup, no mention of Optimus under Graphic section, just "Intel® HD Graphics".
    FYI GBM (http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/0...ietly-announced-with-five-finger-multi-touch/) said

Too bad Fujitsu decided to put 2 WLAN antennae on T901 in contrast to 3 antennae on T5010. :(
    I really appreciate it when my tablet is able to connect to AP with weak signal while other laptops are barely able to see the SSID :D

2. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

I don't get the value of 5 finger multitouch, and it sounds more like Ntrig than Wacom. Also, note that the displayport and dvi ports are on the port replicator only; the base unit has HDMI (which the 900 did not) and VGA, which it claims to support 1920X1200 - new one on me.

This is a more thoughtful upgrade than Fujitsu has done in a long time and it's somewhat gratifying to see they managed to get the Sandy Bridge cpus in at roughly the same price point as the Core i predecessors (based on a press release stating starting prices of $1,900.

Still, they couldn't be bothered to increase the screen resoution - WXGA on a 13.3" is pretty lame - and it looks like it will remain the sewing machine of tablets
    :rolleyes:

3. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I just got back from CES and brought back a quick video of hands on with the T901 prototype. Nothing special. I did not even know about the 5 finger multitouch. I don't remember if I tried Paint in the video...

BTW, the prototype only has the Intel HD 3000 video. I was told that the nVidia option is coming. Some new things I did see on the machine: HDMI port, USB 3.0 port, revised modular optical bay release latch that now works while docked, and scroll circle pad to the right of the touch pad.

Give me some time to rest and I'll try to post the video while at work tomorrow.

4. Shogmaster

5. ZaZ

ZaZ Scribbler - Standard Member

That does look pretty sweet. It looks like Fujitsu is sticking with 16:10, while the new X220t appears to be going 16:9, which is a letdown. I don't care about the GPU, but if the LCD were WXGA+ it'd be killer.

6. Krelian

Krelian All about the T5010/T900

So...
    Is Fujitsu using Wacom or N-Trig for the active-only and/or multi-touch T901 models?

7. Shogmaster

On the prototype, it's only a 2 point multi-touch, so both capacitive and the active was from Wacom.

8. herewego

herewego Pen Pal - Newbie

How was the weight? The video cut off just as you were asking it.

9. Shogmaster

The weight felt about the same as T900, which is very good for it's size.

10. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It's a prototype, but it still has WANT written all over it, that's for sure. Compatible with T5010/T900 batteries, USB 3.0, FireWire, ExpressCard/54, HDMI and VGA, that gorgeous LCD...

Really, all it needs now is NVIDIA Optimus. Too bad I probably won't have $2,000+ to spend on one, since it's probably an option that'll drive the price up at least $200. But at least Fujitsu is dead set on a truly no-compromises convertible Tablet PC for those with the cash, and it'll probably still be a fairly viable model five years from now, as the price drops on the second-hand market. (Imagine how much better top-of-the-line could be in five years...)