fujitsu

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Brian, Aug 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bart

bart Pen Pal - Newbie

Im between the new t4000 with the new 915 chip set & the acer 314.ill be using this for mostly floor plan lay outs in the field.which one is better,and more durable

2. Ant6n

Ant6n Pen Pal - Newbie

The question is also whether that über-display of fujitsu is really better than the other stuff on the market

3. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The Fujitsu is lighter, but lacks the larger display and NVIDIA video card featured on the C314. The battery life on the Fujitsu however is more than double that of the C314.

4. SuperRob

SuperRob Pen Pal - Newbie

"The battery life on the Fujitsu however is more than double that of the C314."

A significant part of that is related to the ULV processor used in the Fujitsu. You can undervolt your CPU (like overclocking, but in reverse), and you can get similar (but not identical) results.

Intel uses the same "speed binning" process to determine which chips will be Low Voltage and ULV as they do with which ones will be a 1.6 Ghz and which will be 2.0Ghz.

5. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

FYI Everyone: The Fujitsu specs. on their site are incorrect. The T4000 uses a LV processor, not ULV. Thanks to Brian for pointing this out.

6. bart

bart Pen Pal - Newbie

yes but aside from the screen size difference and weight..no gaming ,just office work,and drawing floor plans in the field.Which is the more durable,reliable,and best product.

7. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I would go with Fujitsu for build quality hands down. The only one as good in my view is IBM.

8. bart

bart Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks Brian.if only the ibm had an opticle drive.i geuss ill go with the 4010..but do wish you had reviewed it.thanks again

9. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

We might get to the newly refreshed unit now that it's starting to ship. It's very nice though, I've used it a little bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.