Fujitsu Windows 7 Upgrade offer. (not free? :[ )

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by RazzNuts, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RazzNuts

RazzNuts Scribbler - Standard Member

Windows 7 will be shipped with upgrade package-kit to international users, so while Fujitsu (probably, source?) is getting it for free from MS, the shipping cost won't be free.

Anyway you just reinstated your point that $21 is a good offer for Win 7 pro, but I can't seems to know why did you say $21 for Win 7 Home is NOT a good offer.

2. adretzios

adretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

For a very simple reason: the additional $29 buys one support directly from Microsoft. For some, this may be quite crucial. I just do not believe that Fujitsu has the expertise to support an OS. If, on the other hand, no support is required, then it is a good deal.

3. RazzNuts

a half-price just for paying support sounds somewhat ridiculous to me,
    So just like you have said, if no support required then it is a good deal :D

4. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

I'd get the MS version too because it's likely that the Fujitsu version will be a restore disc (customised install) and the MS one will be a vanilla disc (clean install. I've never seen a OEM install run as well as a clean install.

And I'm running the beta of Virtual XP so I can run three scanners where the drivers are not available to Vista. So it is really useful to me.

Gordon

5. RazzNuts

Quoted from Fujitsu FAQ

6. alvoryx

alvoryx Pen Pal - Newbie

i followed the upgrade steps on fujitsu's website (vista pro to 7 pro).

those RETARDS are asking for my damn visa card before even telling me how much it will cost :

it's unbelievable..are those idiots thinking only one micro second that i'm gonna write down my credit card number without exactly knowing how much they gonna charge me in the end ?!?!??!?

damnit what a bunch of fools, they better start doing something else than business..

seriously, can u believe this ? "please man gimme your visa number, you will see it won't cost much..comooonnn brotha gimme tha ****in card numba"

<_<

7. RazzNuts

No, they aren't.

Make sure you input the right Model #, FPCA S/N and Windows CoA.
    Then, click verify, if the data are correct, the input boxes will be greyed out.

Select your Language, click "Add to Cart", and finally click "Compute Charges".

So..?

8. aretzios

aretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, even if they ask you for your card before the price appears (an omission in the programming of their site), you would always have the opportunity to approve or cancel the purchase. It is not really a big deal.

9. Dev1ant

Dev1ant Pen Pal - Newbie

lol...Amazon won't tell you the final price of things(Shipping costs anyway as the normal price is displayed) until you enter a form of payment as well. There will likely be another confirmation screen which will ask you whether to Proceed with Order or not.

10. RazzNuts

Geez, Fujitsu don't need your credit-card to compute the charges. Just make sure you enter the correct product info, that's all.