Fujitsu VS Lenovo VS HP

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by kureshii, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pyhrra

Pyhrra Pen Pal - Newbie

Well im using this for school mostly note taking, and playing lots of music.

I was thinking of the Lenovo at first then heard that Fujitsu made a pretty sick laptop. Now with the Lenovo it has the touch screen and i heard it one of the better ones.

Does the Fujitsu have the same thing? or do you have to use the stylus pen>?
    Does the Fujitsu have the DVD Rom Burner?

And how does the HP compare to Fujitsu and Lenovo?

I will be carrying this everywhere so i need something quite sturdy

2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

The Fujitsu, depending on which Tablet PC you are talking about - most likely the T4215 - uses only a Stylus Pen. The smaller P1610 uses only touch; Fujitsu does not currently have a Tablet PC that utilizes both technologies, yet.

Yes, and it is able to be user-removable to insert a modular bay battery, modular bay hard drive, modular bay optical drive, or a weight saver. Unlike the Lenovo; the Fujitsu T4215 has an optical drive onboard, yet it is removable. The Lenovo X60 requires an external unit hooked up or use of a dock.

Fujitsu has been creating Tablet PCs longer than Lenovo or HP has been in the market, thus Fujitsu has the most experience with the Tablet PC market; next with HP and then Lenovo/IBM.

3. Pyhrra

Pyhrra Pen Pal - Newbie

For school use wich one would you suggest? i really like the idea of the multi touch screen, the optical drive isnt a big deal for me. Does the fujitsu have S video? the T4215?

As well as performance wise wich one is on top?
    I am taking Comp Eng. So wich Tablet would be best in you guys opinion?

4. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If you like the idea of MultiTouch then the Lenovo is ideal.

As to the T4215 and S-Video, that has to be a no; although you can get a converter cable from VGA to S-Video as in here.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. Pyhrra

Pyhrra Pen Pal - Newbie

Makes sence. Now just one last question Performance wise from what i can see there mostly equal but would it be better to go with a C2D versus just the regular core duo?

6. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

There's not much difference in either performance or power consumption; ideally the C2D has a 10% increase in performance at similar power consumption compared to the regular one so if you can get the C2D at a price similar to the CD version obviously go with the C2D. But if the C2D commands a price premium I think I'd rather go with the CD... it's not like you can transfer that C2D onto Santa Rosa anyway.

7. ZippySLC

ZippySLC Pen Pal - Newbie

The Core2 is also a 64 bit processor whereas the Core Duo is a 32. Not that it matters much now, but the 64 bit CPU is going to be more 'future proof.'

8. Pyhrra

Pyhrra Pen Pal - Newbie

Makes sence. What is the Santa Rosa?

And as well wich screen is better and more responsive to write on?

9. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Santa Rosa is the new computing platform which was recently released for the desktop and notebook market, the Tablet PC market is going to receive it; such as the new Fujitsu T4220 that is due to release sometime next month. The Santa Rosa, in a brief description, uses the same Intel Core 2 Duo processor, but brings in two new processor speeds 1.80 GHz (T7100) and 2.20 GHz (T7500), a 800 MHz FSB (versus the current 667 MHz FSB), 802.11n (draft) support, and improved graphics.

10. Pyhrra

Pyhrra Pen Pal - Newbie

well wich one would you go for if you were to take alot of notes and use it for general use all around. IE music Videos pics and jsut media as well as work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.