Fujitsu u810 Feedback

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by nyctechogirl, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyctechogirl

nyctechogirl Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I just wanted to get some feedback about the Fujitsu u810. The reason I am interested in purchasing this unit is because of its small form factor and good battery life. I would appreciate it very much hearing any thoughts or comments about the u810. Thanks.

2. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

Sorry I've been gone awhile...

the U810 is great but it is underpowered, light surfing, email and office type stuff, not much multitasking and it will be fine.

I use mine to carry while away from the office and to meetings, the U820 has a newer processor and would he faster

3. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

I think the u820 would be a better choice since it has a more traditional and higher resolution than the u810. Those extra pixels are necessary, otherwise some smaller character will be rendered incorrectly as a blur before your eyes have a chance to screw things up. Anyway, you can get a u820 on Fujitsu's ebay store for about $700. They're not there very often, so check every 2-3 days.

4. lowlife

lowlife Addicted to gadgets

Have one but rarely touch it. It works well if you plan on doing some surfing, youtube, and even basic office productivity suites. The fault that I find is that the screen is too small for my eyes, and it causes fatigue. I think it may have something to do the resolution (I say this because not all small screen bother me). I would go for the U820 it has twice the power and an improved keyboard.

I love the battery life, webcam, even the speaker is decent for the product. I use to never turn it off so that I can get the "instant on" feeling that I crave.

I disliked that it does not have 3g, keyboard (U810), capacitive screen, wacom screen, SSD, the screen does not go to the very edge of the bezel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.