Fujitsu Tech Support Policies

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by leaftye, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adoucette

adoucette New Tablet User

Well, I've tried multiple pieces of software, have uninstalled the sound card drivers, reinstalled them from the Fuj site, reinstalled all codecs, etc.
    Before that, I was running from a fairly new OS restore from the recovery CD.
    It would be nice if it was just a software issue - but only if that means tech support can fix it in-place and not require a reformat and OS reinstall...

2. Vandyu

Vandyu Pen Pal - Newbie

Gee, after reading all of your nightmares with tech support, I'm now reluctant to buy the U810 mini-notebook that I had decided was a better expenditure than the HP Ipaq 210 PDA.

Should I go forward with the Fujitsu or look for something better out there?

3. jimdab

jimdab LifeStudent

I still recommend Fujitsu 100%.

I think when it comes to the product itself, Fujitsu has some of the best quality and reliability. Many of the problems we are having aren't Fujitsu's fault.

I do think the customer service isn't the greatest, even though Fujitsu's "vision" is to be customer-centric, it doesn't seem like it is the case. I am sure they mean well, but it's just how the policies get translated down the corporate ladder to lower level employees.

I definately think they are not below average in customer service. I think it just seems that way because everyone having a problem is posting on this thread, even though it's a small percentage. (I am guessing though)

4. adoucette

adoucette New Tablet User

Tech support said the mic issue was with my windows install, but that it was something they couldn't try to fix. So I ended up reformatting and installing Vista. Now the mic works. Go figure.
    I still think they're the best tech support I've received from a large tech company. (even with all the run-around I've had. can you believe it?)
    It just took (a lot) longer than it was supposed to and took (a lot) more of my time than it should have.

5. Vandyu

Vandyu Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, that's good to hear. Thanks.

6. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

I'd wait. It looks like they're using the Atom processor in the next edition which means insanely good battery life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.