Fujitsu T904 at newegg for $1599

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade and Tablet PC Deals' started by norvillerogers, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. norvillerogers

norvillerogers Scribbler - Standard Member

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

woah. that's a decent drop.

3. jb82

jb82 Scribbler - Standard Member

gone already

4. stoneseeker

The deal is still there and still in stock when I look....?

5. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Yea, for me too.

It's over 300 dollars less than I paid (I also bought from Newegg).

6. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Dammit! All you guys going on and on about Fujitsus forced my hand. I just purchased one and will have it next week. It will be fascinating to see if the full-powered processor that @stoneseeker is always mentioning really makes a difference. Shame it ships with Windows 7, though. Can't do a proper evaluation until it's running Windows 8.1 alongside all my other devices.

Mesosphere likes this.
  7. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Except the T904 doesn't have a full powered processor. His T902 did, but Fujitsu abandoned that for the thin, light, cool approach with the T904. It is the same processor that's in the SP2, but, unlike the SP2, the T904 gets throttled under load. It doesn't matter to me at all in my usage, but it isn't "full" powered. If this is the reason you bought it you might want to try to cancel it.

It should come with the Win 8.1 upgrade disc in the box ... I think =) Mine did, but I can't remember if all of them do.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  8. surfaceproartist

Crap. I knew I shouldn't have given in to my crazy impulses. Oh well, never having tested a Fujitsu is a huge hole in my repertoire. I'll take one for the team. I'm thinking of doing a fire sale in the late fall to unload some of these tablets and convertibles that are becoming more trouble than they're worth to upkeep.

9. stoneseeker

hahaha oh crap! That's terrible and funny all at the same time. Yeah, remember how I was grumping around the forums for a month after the T904 got released since Fujitsu was my last hold-out for full power after Lenovo and HP abandoned theirs? That's why. T9-- series is just another sleek little underpowered tabletPC like the rest of them now, albeit larger high res screen than most. It's still a premium product though, and should give you a taste of Fujitsu's pros and cons. Interestingly, the smaller T734 is still sporting a full voltage 35watt TDP CPU, but I feel that is only because Fuji hasn't "upgraded" that model yet.

The higher TDP CPU's are most noticeable when painting with large brushes for me mostly. And animating large files in Flash, which will choke up thin and light tablets really quick. Well that and rendering times. Even the Surface Pro 2 can't keep up with this baby, I've tried both!

10. surfaceproartist

In the process of installing Windows 8.1 updates. Gotta say, this has been a pretty miserable experience so far.

Packaging is utilitarian. No extras in the box. The pen is a stylus, not even as big as the smallish T5000. Viewing angles are pretty limited compared to my other tablets.

The box includes a flyer pointing to a support site you're supposed to visit before upgrading to Windows 8.1. Am I supposed to install some firmware or drivers beforehand? No idea. The site doesn't have instructions for doing an update from Windows 7 all the way to Win 8.1.

The enclosed disks are not standard installation discs. They're recovery discs for 8.1.

Oh well...close my eyes, say a prayer and start a complete HD wipe and install of Windows 8.1.

That goes ok and about an hour later, I'm in Windows 8.1 but now I have a Secure boot not installed correctly on my start screen and touch doesn't work. Only pen.

There's a white line down the right side of the display. I reboot. Doesn't seem to be a display issue because the line disappears during startup, but there it is again on the Start Menu. Still no touch.

Disabled and enabled HID in Device Manager. Still nothing. Started about 1GB of updates to Windows 8.1. Screen blanked at some point and now touch is working. The text on the update screen is occasionally disappearing.

Had I not taken advantage of the Newegg sale, this would be the most expensive laptop I own. As it is it's twice the price of the Acer Aspire R7-572. What the heck?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.